Main Menu

Legal Advice on a civil claim (as the defendant)

Started by Steven Denton, 06 April, 2016, 01:03:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZenArcade

Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Jim_Campbell

Sorry, Steven -- the point I was failing to make was: whatever you do, don't ignore it and hope it will go away. Get yourself to Citizens' Advice and see what they say.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Steven Denton

Knowing the general process and anecdotal experiences all help.

I have also discovered that a disgruntled former employee can have your website taken down for at least 10 days by making a copyright infringement claim.

Pyroxian

Quote from: Steven Denton on 07 April, 2016, 10:27:22 AM
I have also discovered that a disgruntled former employee can have your website taken down for at least 10 days by making a copyright infringement claim.

Hmm - that would be a fraudulent claim though, and open them up to all sorts of legal repercussions?

Steven Denton

you have to sign to say the copyright is yours and then the site stays down for 10 days to give the plaintiff a chance to get a court order.

It would only be fraud if you could prove the plaintiff knew the copyright wasn't theirs. (or if they fabricated evidence it was) 

ZenArcade

Jesus, and Sauchie was berating us this morning about an over zealous attitude towards the day to day food administration in Mega City One in the 1975 thread ....Christ knows what he'll say about this thread! Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead