Main Menu

Predator Vs Judge Dredd Vs Aliens - new crossover from Dark Horse

Started by radiator, 08 April, 2016, 09:30:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

COMMANDO FORCES

Judge Nutmeg

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 01 September, 2016, 08:23:06 PM
But did you like number two?

nice art, two issues in and the story is still been set up hopefully all hell will break loose soon in the next issue How many parts is this?

COMMANDO FORCES

It's 4 parts long and next year the trade comes out, I think.

sheridan

Quote from: Judge Nutmeg on 01 September, 2016, 08:20:06 PM
Quote from: sheridan on 31 August, 2016, 08:46:39 PM
Big news today, despite characterisation being off, it's in continuity!
from PvJDvA #2, page 19:
"I know what these things can do, creep*"
"*see Judge Dredd Vs. Aliens: Incubus"

Yes I was shocked by that as well , it's our DREDD despite all the publicity saying it was the IDW version, mind you i always pretend the mars attacks crossover is in normal DREDD continuity.
I'd like to, but the presence of the Ape Gang makes it difficult to reconcile.

I do like to think that Cybermatt's IDW work is in regular continuity though (unfortunately I have a feeling that the presence of Anderson's father could get in the way of that, but maybe not).

Eamonn Clarke

It is all set up to kick off in part three but the writer and artist do seem rather stuck with the shouty version of Dredd. Almost as if they were influenced by Stallone's intepretation.

Old (or rejuved) Joe seems much more nuanced these days, and in the pages of the Prog and the Meg seems to convey menacing authority in a quieter fashion.

Proudhuff

Quote from: eamonn1961 on 02 September, 2016, 09:50:47 AM
It is all set up to kick off in part three but the writer and artist do seem rather stuck with the shouty version of Dredd. Almost as if they were influenced by Stallone's intepretation.

Old (or rejuved) Joe seems much more nuanced these days, and in the pages of the Prog and the Meg seems to convey menacing authority in a quieter fashion.

This ^^^

Joe's listing of offences and speeding seems a bit redundant but if its your first Dredd, as this seems to be another attempt to lure the colonials in: its understandable, however for me it all seems a bit ..silly  but there again I'm not the target audience here.

DDT did a job on me

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: sheridan on 31 August, 2016, 08:46:39 PM
Big news today, despite characterisation being off, it's in continuity!
from PvJDvA #2, page 19:
"I know what these things can do, creep*"
"*see Judge Dredd Vs. Aliens: Incubus"
Heck, I guess this means I HAVE to read it now! ::)

Mardroid

Quote from: sheridan on 02 September, 2016, 12:00:05 AM
I do like to think that Cybermatt's IDW work is in regular continuity though (unfortunately I have a feeling that the presence of Anderson's father could get in the way of that, but maybe not).

Me too, actually, or at least I wish it was. Since this time period isn't covered much in the comics, I like to think that there's no reason this couldn't be in both continuities.

Richard

I wasn't keen in the first issue because of the ropey dialogue, but the second issue is good. I'm looking forward to the rest of it.

dweezil2

Well #2 was big, a bit dumb and overall great fun!

Archbishop Emoji elicited a few chuckles too!

Really looking forward to the massive smackdown promised in #3.  :)
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Zarjazzer

A rather dull day at work was enlivened by this when I got home. It certainly motors along with some cracking art and the Archbishop character is just great fun. More assured than the first issue, building to something cool and shootey. Probably.
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

Magnetica

I have just finished reading issue 2 and it's actually pretty good. Ok maybe not Prog good but certainly better than IDW's other Judge Dredd titles, especially Mega City Zero which I am finding hard going.

As to Judge Dredd versus Predator versus Aliens, well so far it has been more like Judge Dredd versus evil scientist but he has at least [spoiler]created an Alien-Predator hybrid, is creating an Alien-Judge hybrid and has designs on Anderson presumably for some PSI powered Aliens.[/spoiler]

So far then it's mainly set up, but it looks like it is all going to kick off next issue.

Leigh S

Got this over the weekend and credit where it is due, I am enjoying this - the only slight oddness being Dredd's over wordy sentencing schtick, which seems a common go to for writers aiming /from the Us market. 

If this guy was writing the IDW series, I'd probably give it a gander

dweezil2

Sales seem fairly strong so far.
Wonder if we'll get a folow up!?

July 2016

Predator Vs Judge Dredd Vs Aliens
$3.99
Dark Horse

August 2016

Predator Vs Judge Dredd Vs Aliens
$3.99
Dark Horse