Main Menu

Manic Street Preachers remastered CDs

Started by Magnetica, 18 April, 2016, 02:58:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magnetica

I have just discovered that one of my favourite bands, Manic Street Preachers, have been issuing re-mastered versions of their back catelogue. Just shows how out of touch I am with music these days that I only just noticed.

Anyway according to what I have read the albums now have a "cleaner" / "less raw" sound.

With an album like Generation Terrorists the "rawness" is part of the attraction IMHO.

So has anyone got these and the originals who can offer an opinion on whether it is worth getting them?

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Magnetica on 18 April, 2016, 02:58:02 PM
With an album like Generation Terrorists the "rawness" is part of the attraction IMHO.

Yep. As far as I'm concerned, they haven't done anything decent since then; at least not anything I've heard.  Domino would have long since burned his pink Manics t-shirt if he hadn't been murdered by his own kind first.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Colin YNWA

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 18 April, 2016, 08:32:13 PM
Quote from: Magnetica on 18 April, 2016, 02:58:02 PM

Yep. As far as I'm concerned, they haven't done anything decent since then; at least not anything I've heard.  Domino would have long since burned his pink Manics t-shirt if he hadn't been murdered by his own kind first.

Yeah completely concur. Liked Generation Terrorists a lot back in the day (not heard it for a long time) but it was very much down hill from there and quite a steep decline at that.

If you ask me polishing up that first album would possibly take away the thing that made it a good record.