Main Menu

WANTED - 2000AD FCBD issues - 2011,2012,2013,2014

Started by Krakajac, 18 May, 2016, 11:08:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krakajac

Once a completist, always a completist.  ::)

If anyone would like to off-load any of the 2000AD FCBD issues between 2011-2014, I would be more than happy to purchase.

NOTE - I reside in Oz, and quite happy to pay international postage.

Krakajac

I've been able to acquire a few of these, but still after:

Cheers,
Craig.

Krakajac

Bumped.

Trying to acquire the very first 2000AD FCBD issue...

If anyone's keen to sell - I'm keen to buy! :)

dweezil2

Quote from: Krakajac on 14 April, 2017, 11:30:22 AM
Bumped.

Trying to acquire the very first 2000AD FCBD issue...

If anyone's keen to sell - I'm keen to buy! :)

Shipping from US a bit steep, depends how much you want it!  :thumbsup:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/282427020721
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Eamonn Clarke

Got one which is signed on Dredd's shoulder pad by John Wagner.

Yours for £5 donation to cancer research UK plus the £5.20 P&P to Oz (£9.70 signed for)

Pm me if interested. Pictures available if you want. Damage report: an easy VF.

Krakajac

Thanks Eammon!

I'll definitely take it.  PM sent!

positronic

Another one to add to your list, if you haven't got it already: The San Diego Comic Con 2009 Special. I don't own it either, but figured "on a related note"... (And mycomicshop.com is out-of-stock on this one, too.)

Tjm86

IIRC this was one of the few free gifts that I have actually received as a subscriber over the years, along with a Dan Francisco election badge and the Droid Life Nerve Centre poster.  It's completely reprint material and an odd size (A5?) compared to other comics.  They recycled the cover to the prog shortly afterwards.  The difference on the FCBD progs is that they usually have at least one strip of original stuff.

Krakajac

Many thanks for the reminder re: the Comic Con issue.  It required a visit down to the cave to confirm.  :)

I had forgotten that it was in my collection.  Yes, about A5 in size.

TJM - I think I received the same three items as you did.  I've still got the Droid Life poster - but recently gave away some odds & sods, which included the Dan badge.

positronic

Quote from: Tjm86 on 16 April, 2017, 08:19:34 AM
IIRC this was one of the few free gifts that I have actually received as a subscriber over the years, along with a Dan Francisco election badge and the Droid Life Nerve Centre poster.  It's completely reprint material and an odd size (A5?) compared to other comics.  They recycled the cover to the prog shortly afterwards.  The difference on the FCBD progs is that they usually have at least one strip of original stuff.

Nothing wrong with reprints, as long as the stories reprinted are good ones. All of these stories are new to someone who hasn't read them yet. Keep in mind most of the attendees of SDCC are Americans who don't see the regular issues of 2000 AD on the shelf at their LCS every week, unless they happen to live in a major metro area with a better-than-averagely-stocked comic shop. For 2000 AD completists, it's just another example of one of those one-off special issues.

Tjm86

Absolutely, couldn't agree more.  It is a nice little taster of what tooth has to offer.  And yes, for us completists it is something else to track down.  Cheers.

positronic

I honestly think 2000 AD getting a book out for things like the annual FCBD and special events like SDCC is one of the smartest things they've ever done. A free comic offering is just the thing to hook some new readers (Americans in particular) where there's little chance they'll just randomly find an issue of 2000 AD on the shelves at their LCS and pick it up to browse it.

moly

I'm also looking to get fcbd 2011 2012 and 2013  if anyone is selling

sheridan

Is 2012 the first one that had an original story in it?  I got the impression the 2011 one was all reprint.  2013 was the Jimp Club original story, yes?

positronic

Not only are they doing original stories for the FCBD 2000 AD giveaways, but they're involving some American artists as well, which puts an interesting spin on things. A couple of years ago the Dredd story was done by Eric Powell of The Goon (and more recently, Hillbilly) fame, and last year's FCBD cover was drawn by Mike Allred.