Main Menu

RIP W. R. Logan

Started by COMMANDO FORCES, 21 May, 2016, 04:46:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

COMMANDO FORCES

It's with great sadness that I have to inform the forum that our very own W. R. Logan aka Stewart Perkins has passed away this morning, while stationed in Norway.

I've just finished talking to his girlfriend Deborah and that's the only information that she knows at the moment in time. As she becomes aware of more information, then she will pass it on and I'll post it up here.

For those who don't know, Stewart helped John Wagner out whenever he needed any facts, basically he was his encyclopedia of Dredd. For his help John kept torturing Judge Logan in the Dredd strip and I'm lucky to have a page of Dredd with Logan in it, minus his arm.

Stewart did a lot of work for the 2000 AD groups in the early days of the internet and was well known for his Class of '79 chat group on Yahoo.

A frequent visitor to conventions and all the Dreddcons. I can still see him sat outside a cafe with Colin MacNeil, while waiting for the Pub to open for Dreddcon 6.5.

The last time I saw him was when himself and Deborah came to one of the Southern Contingent Gatherings last year and we all had a blast.

To say I am shocked is an understatement and I shall raise a glass to my good friend tonight.

Farewell Stewart, you will be missed xxx

DrRocka

Just saw your post on Facebook John, sad news, and much condolences to his missus. A great member of the forum, he'll be very much missed around here.
Rest in peace, Stewart. A KTT forever.
Never ever bloody anything ever

ZenArcade

Just saw this on facebook, awful news. RIP the late great W R  Logan. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Dandontdare

Shit that's a tragedy. A legend amongst Dredd fandom, this forum will be lesser place without him.

Batman's Superior Cousin

I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Steve Green

That's shocking news John.

RIP Stewart - my condolences to his family and friends.

Devons Daddy

:'( a loss to his family friends and this community

Taken to soon
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

moly

TordelBack

Oh no, that's just awful, unbelievably sad news. I never met Stewart in real life, but his online persona has been part of 2000AD fandom for as long as I was aware of it, and latterly part of the Prog itself, and I will miss his wonderfully grumpy and unmatched Dredd expertise terribly. La Placa Rifa, Class of '79,  YT-2, William R Logan, KTT: a stickler.

My deepest condolences to his family, friends, colleagues and cadets. Rest in peace, Stewart, you will be remembered.

Frank

I didn't know Stewart at all, yet I owe him a great debt of gratitude:

http://web.archive.org/web/20130615191107/http://www.2000ad.nu/classof79/jw_interview.htm

pauljholden

Buttonman

Jesus, what a shock.

Stewart was always prickly but a worthy online adversary and always well informed and well intentioned.

I hope he died doing what he loved and he will be remembered by all.

Safe journey Stewart!

Greg M.

Sad news - I remember Stewart principally from alt.comics.2000ad, where he was a central figure when I first dipped my toe into online fandom. Came across as very much a no-bullshit, knowledgeable guy whose enthusiasm drove many projects forward.

Grant Goggans

Damn.  Logan was a fan among fans.  We'll all miss him.

Albion

Truly shocked and saddened by this terrible news.
I had the pleasure of meeting Stewart a few times. Very sad.
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.