Main Menu

Mega City Book Club - a new podcast about 2000AD books

Started by Eamonn Clarke, 23 May, 2016, 08:59:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eamonn Clarke

Time for some Nemesis the Warlock with Luke Williams and the Gothic Empire. There are some spoilers including the big one as we discuss Bryan Talbot's work for the house of Tharg.

Listen in.
http://megacitybookclub.blogspot.co.uk/2017/03/mega-city-book-club-29-gothic-empire.html

WhizzBang

Hi Eammon, I have only just started listening to your podcasts in the last 2 weeks and would like to let you know that I have enjoyed them immensely. Thanks for your effort (and your guests of course)!

sheridan

Quote from: Eamonn Clarke on 19 March, 2017, 09:12:48 AM

Time for some Nemesis the Warlock with Luke Williams and the Gothic Empire. There are some spoilers including the big one as we discuss Bryan Talbot's work for the house of Tharg.

Listen in.
http://megacitybookclub.blogspot.co.uk/2017/03/mega-city-book-club-29-gothic-empire.html

Not having listened to it yet, I'm wondering what the big spoiler is!

• [spoiler]the appearance of Ro-Jaws - but then we'd already seen Mek-Quake's photo of him in the previous book[/spoiler]
  • [spoiler]same goes for Hammerstein[/spoiler]
  • [spoiler]Nemesis/Deadlock[/spoiler]
  • [spoiler]'death' of Nemesis[/spoiler]
  • [spoiler]death of Tomas[/spoiler]

Tony Angelino

Having never been a huge Nemesis fan I do remember enjoying the Bryan Talbot illustrated stories. In no small part due to the return of some familiar faces and the feeling that there was a connected universe in 2000AD. Possibly the only time this had happened before was the Giant character from Dredd/Harlem Heroes (I'm probably wrong about that though). 

After listening to this podcast I'm going to have to hunt out a collection of this as I don't think I've a complete run of progs with those stories.

Eamonn Clarke

Fresh from the Megacast and the first guest to Three-Pete (sic), it's the return of the Mackem again as Pete reviews the absolutely gorgeous Art of Judge Dredd book. Top marks and pasties all round.

Listen in:
http://megacitybookclub.blogspot.co.uk/2017/04/mega-city-book-club-30-art-of-judge.html

Eamonn Clarke

Should point out this is a bumper length episode of 2 hours. And I had a few audio problems with some new recording software which I have sorted now but squelch my vocals in a few places on this one.
:-[

Pete Wells

Two hours with Pete Wells!?! There should be a law against it.

sheridan

Quote from: Eamonn Clarke on 02 April, 2017, 08:27:18 AM

Fresh from the Megacast and the first guest to Three-Pete (sic), it's the return of the Mackem again as Pete reviews the absolutely gorgeous Art of Judge Dredd book. Top marks and pasties all round.

Listen in:
http://megacitybookclub.blogspot.co.uk/2017/04/mega-city-book-club-30-art-of-judge.html
Rackle says: "What? Nipple pasties?"

sheridan

Quote from: Tony Angelino on 21 March, 2017, 07:03:05 PM
Having never been a huge Nemesis fan I do remember enjoying the Bryan Talbot illustrated stories. In no small part due to the return of some familiar faces and the feeling that there was a connected universe in 2000AD. Possibly the only time this had happened before was the Giant character from Dredd/Harlem Heroes (I'm probably wrong about that though). 

After listening to this podcast I'm going to have to hunt out a collection of this as I don't think I've a complete run of progs with those stories.

Old One Eye / Satanus / Golgotha!  (though I didn't read any of those at the time they came out, being introduced to OOE in the 1985 annual and Satanus in The Vengeance of Thoth)

Rackle

Eamonn Clarke

Please. You do not want to see him try and revolve two Greggs steak bakes in opposite directions.
Literally stomach churning.
:P

CrazyFoxMachine

sheridan

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 11 April, 2017, 07:30:47 PM

Preparing for my episode recording with Selina :-\

I'm looking forward to hearing what Selina has to say...