Main Menu

New reader on lang haul simulated catch up

Started by feathers, 27 May, 2016, 11:30:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

feathers

Hello, after a couple of past brushes with 2000AD and occasional resolutions to find out and read more I recently discovered the excellent bookcase-saving digital editions now available and decided that the time was right to jump in fully.  Even better, I thought, why not read the whole lot from the start?  So, as much as the availability of digital reprints will allow, that's what I've been doing.  I'm currently up to Prog 83, have enjoyed plenty so far and am looking forward to lots more to come!

Rately

Quote from: feathers on 27 May, 2016, 11:30:36 AM
Hello, after a couple of past brushes with 2000AD and occasional resolutions to find out and read more I recently discovered the excellent bookcase-saving digital editions now available and decided that the time was right to jump in fully.  Even better, I thought, why not read the whole lot from the start?  So, as much as the availability of digital reprints will allow, that's what I've been doing.  I'm currently up to Prog 83, have enjoyed plenty so far and am looking forward to lots more to come!

Welcome to the board, Feathers!

I'm embarking on a similar catch-up, dipping into digital editions as well as picking up the Mega Collection.

Hope you are enjoying it every bit as much as i am!

Michael Knight

feathers

Thanks both!  Top thrill for me so far is Flesh, worst has been Colony Earth.  Belardinelli has been most outstandng artist :)

Colin YNWA

Quote from: feathers on 28 May, 2016, 08:45:58 AM
Thanks both!  Top thrill for me so far is Flesh, worst has been Colony Earth.  Belardinelli has been most outstandng artist :)

Not sure where the digital editions come from - and not sure I should ask - more importantly great that you are starting from the beginning. The comic is much changed since those early days and yet in many ways the same. Have you dipped into the current Progs?

I agree on Flesh (I adore Flesh) but having started my own latest re-read very recently I'm a big fan of the early Dan Dare - specifically the Belardinelli madness.

Welcome aboard - have fun!

ZenArcade

Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

feathers

Quote from: ZenArcade on 28 May, 2016, 11:48:12 AM
Welcome my fine feathered friend.Z

Thanks!

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 28 May, 2016, 09:27:58 AM

Not sure where the digital editions come from - and not sure I should ask - more importantly great that you are starting from the beginning. The comic is much changed since those early days and yet in many ways the same. Have you dipped into the current Progs?

I read some a couple of years ago around the 1820s, but after a couple of months the shop I had been buying from stopped stocking it and I couldn't find another that did, so that was the end of that.  I now have a digital subscription, so new issues are piling up to be read and there's no possibility of missing one :)  At the time, Zombo and Stickleback were the ones I enjoyed the most.  I read Prog 1961, and the Kingdom and Ro-Busters strips made me want to go back and read earlier ones....and so did Prog 2003.  The availablilty of digital tpbs in the shop meant that I wouldn't be giving my whole house over to them, so reading from the start seemed feasible.  Some issues are very thin with that method though, and I've not read MACH 1 or other strips that aren't currently collected digitally - still, so far it's been great, and I'm looking forward to getting contemporary in a year or so :)