Main Menu

50p print Prog and Meg sale!!!!

Started by Colin YNWA, 01 June, 2016, 07:37:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

As per Colin_YNWA's request, I (Indigo Prime, mod face) need to make something clear:

A sale on Megs! A sale on Progs!
The perfect way for cut-price slogs!
But only buy if you like paper
This is print, not a digital caper

OK, so
I didn't need to do it in rhyme, but there you go
Original post below...

I JUST CAN'T STOP

==

What it says really . An amazing deal currently on what seems like most digital Progs and Megs are 50p.

I've not checked the Progs but feverly buying up the Megs back to 300 a few are missing, not sure if that's an oversight or for some other reason. At this time Megs 353, 352, 340, 330, 329, 320, 319, 314 are not in the sale (I've only checked to 300 so may be more?). Seems churlish to worry about this as I can plug the gaps if they aren't for sale

BUT yeah BUY CHEAP COMICS!!!!!

Dark Jimbo

...I did not really need to know about this.  :o
@jamesfeistdraws

CrazyFoxMachine

Yeah me neither - plugged my gaps quite wonderfully  :o

Dark Jimbo

Actually, having filled my basket with the issues I needed I was pleasantly surprised at how low my total was! 50p an issue goes a long, long way!
@jamesfeistdraws

SpongeJosh

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 01 June, 2016, 08:05:51 PM
Actually, having filled my basket with the issues I needed I was pleasantly surprised at how low my total was! 50p an issue goes a long, long way!

I agree. So i kept adding to the basket  :lol:

CrazyFoxMachine

Two megs and a prog including postage for less than three pound!

THARG, GUV. WHAT'S THE CATCH?! ARE THEY GOING TO ARRIVE ON FIRE.

Proudhuff

Misread that as 50p Pint, Prog and Meg sale! I'd buy that for a dollar!
DDT did a job on me

Colin Zeal

Cheered myself up after getting notice of possible (read: highly likely) redundancies by getting carried away on this sale. Great offer, especially with the postage - £5.99 for 100+ progs is a bargain.

Tjm86

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 02 June, 2016, 04:12:33 PM
Two megs and a prog including postage for less than three pound!

THARG, GUV. WHAT'S THE CATCH?! ARE THEY GOING TO ARRIVE ON FIRE.

Course they are, this is the tooth ... they'll be smokin!

Sorry, couldn't resist. :-[

TordelBack

Even with postage to Oirland, this is an absolute steal. I have secured all the Progs foregone during the very darkest days so my financial disintegration in 2011, and a fine collection of recent Megs to boot. It's a testament to the character of the Squaxx that so many generous fools folk on this forum have offered to send me these missing issues over the past 5 years, but I have always been adamant that one day I would buy them from Tharg himself, as Grud intended. The 50p sale may have  been a deviation from the spirit of my geas, but it certainly follows the letter.

And oh my brothers, it was like silvery wine flowing in a spaceship, gravity all nonsense now.

Goaty

That is awesome, for new readers to get those progs.

Sadly I am on digital, wish they did sale on many progs backlist before 2014!

IndigoPrime

People on Facebook are whining about the postage charges, clearly not understanding how postage works. (The price 'jumps', apparently, like, you know, the charges 'jump'.)

TordelBack

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 04 June, 2016, 05:21:44 PM
People on Facebook are whining about the postage charges, clearly not understanding how postage works. (The price 'jumps', apparently, like, you know, the charges 'jump'.)

I can only assume they have neither bought anything online before nor used the postal service. I couldn't believe how good the shipping was for 10 Megs and 20 Progs to RoI (STG£11). I've been charged that for a single book from the UK  in the past.

Mardroid

Yeah, the postage cost does pump the price up, but it's still a major bargain all considered! Particularly mine, since I filled in on the Back issues of the Meg I missed while I was away.

If aimed had known they were gonna do this I would not have bought the collection of Dredd:Dust*, but all things considered it's still a big saving for the other series!

*Yeah, I bought those issues as I wanted to fill in on Lawless.