Main Menu

Alien covenant

Started by IAMTHESYSTEM, 18 June, 2016, 11:11:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

radiator

Looks incredibly by the numbers and generic.

And "Human vegetation"? Really? Doesn't bode well for the script...

dweezil2

Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Hawkmumbler

Well THAT hits the spots and ticks all the right boxes.

Consider it a trio to the cinema indeed!

TordelBack

Oh I just don't know. I mean the cast are good and it looks lovely (apart from the swinging from a moving shuttle bit, which was naff), but this was true of Promethebottom.  Is it going to do anything new, or be the same old believable-future-meets-xenomorph tropes trotted out again, but jammed full of inconsistent Von Daniken bobbins and supposedly deeeep mysteries* with no solutions that are really just an excuse for some random cool imagery and nothing more.

Still, there's just enough there to push my dormant Alien button, so maybe.

*How do you have terrestrial vegetation without insects or birds? What eats the dead cellulose so the planet isn't miles deep in dead plant matter? How does an obvious cultivar like that wheat spread its seeds without active human management? Why am I pretty sure nobody cares?

Mardroid

Quote from: TordelBack on 01 March, 2017, 09:57:53 AM
*How do you have terrestrial vegetation without insects or birds? What eats the dead cellulose so the planet isn't miles deep in dead plant matter? How does an obvious cultivar like that wheat spread its seeds without active human management? Why am I pretty sure nobody cares?

Spoiler (but you probably know it if you've read other blurb): [spoiler]I'm sure the android chap from Prometheus is involved in that. And possibly that black gunk.[/spoiler]

It looks good. I guess it's not a bad thing to lean more towards the aliens side of things, but I do hope they do something different too, to differentiate it from the other films.[spoiler] (And I don't mean the spine popper.)[/spoiler] I hope they don't leave too much of the subjects from Prometheus behind. No matter how low people tend to esteem that film (I actually thought it was okay, but I can understand people's reactions)  the ideas in it weren't bad, at least.

Rately

Quote from: Mardroid on 01 March, 2017, 01:03:42 PM
Quote from: TordelBack on 01 March, 2017, 09:57:53 AM

Spoiler (but you probably know it if you've read other blurb): [spoiler]I'm sure the android chap from Prometheus is involved in that. And possibly that black gunk.[/spoiler]

It looks good. I guess it's not a bad thing to lean more towards the aliens side of things, but I do hope they do something different too, to differentiate it from the other films.[spoiler] (And I don't mean the spine popper.)[/spoiler] I hope they don't leave too much of the subjects from Prometheus behind. No matter how low people tend to esteem that film (I actually thought it was okay, but I can understand people's reactions)  the ideas in it weren't bad, at least.

I agree, Mardroid.

Hopefully, as well as looking absolutely gorgeous they add some meat to the bones, give David a Forbidden Planet-ish vibe, answer the question of where Elizabeth Shaw has gone and revitalise one of the great creatures of sci-fi/horror. I wouldn't mind if they set up a long game with this movie of the Alien finally making its way to Earth.

It's all too much to ask for, but i'm eternally optimistic when it comes to the movies.

The Legendary Shark

I envisage an Alien film finishing with a whale frantically breaching and slapping itself against the surface of the ocean, a huge face-hugger clamped over its blow hole, or a dead mouse with an exploded chest behind the hero's skirting board, a tiny face-hugger lying close by.

Ho hum.

Anyhoo, can't seem to get YouTube working for me today so haven't seen the trailer yet. I'm also glad I'm not the only one who thought Prometheus was okay. The only film of the series I really didn't like very much was Alien: Resurrection, which upsets me because I'm a fan of Jean- Pierre Jeunet's work as a whole.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Rately

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 01 March, 2017, 01:35:01 PM
I envisage an Alien film finishing with a whale frantically breaching and slapping itself against the surface of the ocean, a huge face-hugger clamped over its blow hole, or a dead mouse with an exploded chest behind the hero's skirting board, a tiny face-hugger lying close by.

Ho hum.

Anyhoo, can't seem to get YouTube working for me today so haven't seen the trailer yet. I'm also glad I'm not the only one who thought Prometheus was okay. The only film of the series I really didn't like very much was Alien: Resurrection, which upsets me because I'm a fan of Jean- Pierre Jeunet's work as a whole.

You've had a bad go of it when you make a bad Alien movie with Ron Perlman in it. The ending alone would put you off watching another Alien movie.

From all accounts, and having read Joss Whedon's writings on the movie, it was a car crash from pre-production to final shot and editing, and not entirely Jean-Pierre Jeunet's fault.

The Legendary Shark

The bits of it with Jeunet's fingerprints on it looked good, and there was a good film in its DNA but, unfortunately, that good film was suffocated under a ton of cack.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Goaty

I love it! Can't wait to see it, to be honest Alien wasnt featured in Prometheus just the [spoiler]final scene[/spoiler] but weird you can see that [spoiler]similar white alien [/spoiler]in this trailer?!

And yes for heavy spoiler that it not show on trailer;

[spoiler]David is on the planet but what happens to him? [/spoiler]

And there's rumor that [spoiler]Noomi Rapace featured in the film. [/spoiler]

Suede1971

I enjoyed alien resurrection in all fairness, it had a good atmosphere, enjoyed it much more prometheus, glad i didn't have to pay for that when i worked at the cinema, what a mess.

Bolt-01

One thing I think might be worth mentioning- just because Fassbender is playing David, it doesn't mean it is the same David that was on the Prometheus.

Unless I missed a shot showing 'that' David.

Overall- looking forward to this a lot- I like Prometheus, despite its flaws, but this looks like a proper ALIEN fillum.

Goaty

Yeah it got right Alien than Prometheus!

Satanist

Is this a soft reboot? WTF is Danny McBride doing in an alien film?
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?