Main Menu

Alien covenant

Started by IAMTHESYSTEM, 18 June, 2016, 11:11:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IAMTHESYSTEM

Some alleged sets from afore mentioned Ridley Scott space flick.

https://www.scified.com/topic/42072
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Hawkmumbler

All very intruiging at this point...

Spikes

Mmmmm, almost forgotten that this was in the works.

Nice to see a few officially released images popping up now. Featuring Michael Fassbender, no less.
But Prometheus was such a pile of dog shit, that it makes getting excited about this next to impossible.

Who'd be an Alien fan, eh?

radiator

At least they can't blame Damon Lindeloff if this one turns out to be bobbins too.

Rately

Cautiously optimistic that they deliver a good movie this time around.

I walked out of Prometheus a bit stunned by some of the imagery and savageness, but thought the movie overall was strangely lifeless for large parts, and certain bits were so idiotic that they really threw me out of the film.

Be interesting to see Danny McBride in it.

IAMTHESYSTEM

"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Stan

An Alien film I'm kinda 'meh' on but now I'm suddenly interested because Danny McBride's in it. That shouldn't really be the pull.

Im_not_Frank

I just watched The Beast Within : The Making Of Alien. It's about three hours long but a really fascinating looking at the making of Alien, literally from its conception to the opening night. As a fan of Giger I really enjoyed his segments. Seems like he was a real interesting guy. So watching that has given me a renewed interest in Alien Covenant. I don't want to get my hopes up too much...but if this is done right...

Rately

Quote from: Im_not_Frank on 12 August, 2016, 08:52:20 AM
I just watched The Beast Within : The Making Of Alien. It's about three hours long but a really fascinating looking at the making of Alien, literally from its conception to the opening night. As a fan of Giger I really enjoyed his segments. Seems like he was a real interesting guy. So watching that has given me a renewed interest in Alien Covenant. I don't want to get my hopes up too much...but if this is done right...

Fantastic stuff. I spent £10.66 on the Alien:Quadrilogy DVD during an HMV promotion, and it was one of the best bargains ever.

The storyboards, character designs and Dan O'Bannon stuff are fascinationg, and thats just a small bit of a fantastic documentary.

sheridan

I was one of those weirdos who didn't hate Prometheus (I'd rank it above the first Dark Horse Aliens series but below the second (the one which had [spoiler]Ripley appear in the last panel[/spoiler]).  I also quite liked Predators Vs Alien: Requiem (didn't like Predators so much though).

Looking forward to the new Aliens film.  The large tree trunks make me suspect a possible Avatar influence...

Dreddzilla

Lot of interesting new set images have been making the rounds. I really don't want to be too optimistic. Especially after Prometheus.

Spikes

These leaked photos can be found here

The [spoiler]zenomorph's look a bit Alien: Resurrection.[/spoiler]

Still kinda interested in this, but it's a good while yet before it hits the cinema's...

Dreddzilla

Quote from: Spikes on 29 October, 2016, 12:21:09 PM
These leaked photos can be found here

The [spoiler]zenomorph's look a bit Alien: Resurrection.[/spoiler]

Still kinda interested in this, but it's a good while yet before it hits the cinema's...
Should I spoil the plot as to why they look like that?  :D

Spikes

If the answer to that question was dreamed up by Ridley Scott, then yes, tell us now. It'll save us the price of a cinema ticket next August,  ;)

Dreddzilla

Quote from: Spikes on 29 October, 2016, 12:41:44 PM
If the answer to that question was dreamed up by Ridley Scott, then yes, tell us now. It'll save us the price of a cinema ticket next August,  ;)
Sadly I have no concrete spoilers, just A theory I've come up with after seeing the set images. Just in case I'll explain and hide in spoiler text [spoiler]What if David is trying to resurrect Wayland via Xenomorph DNA? And that's why the neomorphs look like they do. Or maybe David is using Wayland's DNA as a base template to create new life? Wayland would still get his immortality just not in the way he expected[/spoiler].