Main Menu

Alien covenant

Started by IAMTHESYSTEM, 18 June, 2016, 11:11:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rately

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 02 March, 2017, 10:32:36 AM
One thing I think might be worth mentioning- just because Fassbender is playing David, it doesn't mean it is the same David that was on the Prometheus.

Unless I missed a shot showing 'that' David.

Overall- looking forward to this a lot- I like Prometheus, despite its flaws, but this looks like a proper ALIEN fillum.

Could be wrong, Bolt-01, but i'm pretty sure you are right and we have seen Prometheus' David in a swanky pad overlooking the alien world, and we now have the Covenant's David running about which could lead to some lovely tense moments in the movie.

Rately

Quote from: Satanist on 02 March, 2017, 12:43:34 PM
Is this a soft reboot? WTF is Danny McBride doing in an alien film?

Ha! I've been watching Eastbound And Down, and can't bloody wait to see him in it.

Very interested in hearing how they decided to cast him, though.

sheridan

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 01 March, 2017, 01:35:01 PM
I envisage an Alien film finishing with a whale frantically breaching and slapping itself against the surface of the ocean, a huge face-hugger clamped over its blow hole, or a dead mouse with an exploded chest behind the hero's skirting board, a tiny face-hugger lying close by.

Xenomorph mouse:

sheridan

Quote from: Rately on 01 March, 2017, 01:51:33 PM
You've had a bad go of it when you make a bad Alien movie with Ron Perlman in it. The ending alone would put you off watching another Alien movie.

I liked Resurrection up until about the last ten minutes.  There was a very European / US indie comic feel to it, I thought.

Link Prime

McBride is a great actor, really glad to see him in this.

I thought that it was readily apparent that the 'David' assigned to the Covenant crew was different to the Prometheus version.
I'm sure that both versions are destined to meet in this film.

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Suede1971

Quote from: Satanist on 02 March, 2017, 12:43:34 PM
Is this a soft reboot? WTF is Danny McBride doing in an alien film?

I would of preferred Danny Devito if they wanted a comedy actor in the film, that would of been great.

Apestrife

Quote from: radiator on 01 March, 2017, 02:20:38 AM
Looks incredibly by the numbers and generic.

And "Human vegetation"? Really? Doesn't bode well for the script...

Had similar thoughts as well, but perhaps it's due to Shaw or them big ol white dudes. Regardless, I'm quite sure it'll be an alright film at worst; one that makes me want to watch the first one again :)

JLC

Another yawn inducing prequel/reboot or whatever the hell they're calling it...

radiator

QuoteHad similar thoughts as well, but perhaps it's due to Shaw or them big ol white dudes

I just meant the phrase itself. I'm no expert, but it would be 'Earth vegetation', surely?

Maybe I'm mistaken here, but its not a phrase I've ever heard used before, and sounded really clunky to my ears. Reminded me of all the embarrassing pseudo-scientific jargon from Prometheus.

TordelBack

Quote from: radiator on 02 March, 2017, 06:47:32 PM
QuoteHad similar thoughts as well, but perhaps it's due to Shaw or them big ol white dudes

I just meant the phrase itself. I'm no expert, but it would be 'Earth vegetation', surely?

The wheat that appears to be he subject of the remark is a domesticated cultivar, maybe even GM stock, so 'human vegetation' wouldn't be a bad description. Less jargony than 'anthropogenic' anyway.

sheridan

Quote from: TordelBack on 02 March, 2017, 07:50:52 PM
The wheat that appears to be he subject of the remark is a domesticated cultivar, maybe even GM stock, so 'human vegetation' wouldn't be a bad description. Less jargony than 'anthropogenic' anyway.

Can't find anything about it now, but isn't there some type of vegetable matter that lives in the gut?  I'm sure it was mentioned in an early Swamp Thing (well, shortly after we found out Alec wasn't a person covered in muck, or the product of chemicals and worms).

radiator

Ha, Swamp Thing was exactly what came to mind when I heard it.

The Legendary Shark

I really, really want to post an image of politicians with the label "Human Vegetation" but I don't want to derail the thread...

As you were. Move along, move along.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

TordelBack

Quote from: sheridan on 02 March, 2017, 08:18:35 PM
Quote from: TordelBack on 02 March, 2017, 07:50:52 PM

Can't find anything about it now, but isn't there some type of vegetable matter that lives in the gut?  I'm sure it was mentioned in an early Swamp Thing (well, shortly after we found out Alec wasn't a person covered in muck, or the product of chemicals and worms).

It's from when Swampy goes to war with Gotham (issue 53?) - he threatens Batman with : "There is flora... in the human intestinal track...Do not  tempt me.", or similar. I love that scene. Also: "You are warning... ME...? Do you warn... the hurricane? Do you warn... the earthquake?"