Alien covenant

Started by IAMTHESYSTEM, 18 June, 2016, 11:11:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Legendary Shark

I know where all the sh*t is!
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Apestrife

Quote from: radiator on 02 March, 2017, 06:47:32 PM
QuoteHad similar thoughts as well, but perhaps it's due to Shaw or them big ol white dudes

I just meant the phrase itself. I'm no expert, but it would be 'Earth vegetation', surely?

Maybe I'm mistaken here, but its not a phrase I've ever heard used before, and sounded really clunky to my ears. Reminded me of all the embarrassing pseudo-scientific jargon from Prometheus.

When you mention it. It does sound off  :(

Rately

Quote from: TordelBack on 02 March, 2017, 08:29:40 PM
Quote from: sheridan on 02 March, 2017, 08:18:35 PM
Quote from: TordelBack on 02 March, 2017, 07:50:52 PM
The wheat that appears to be he subject of the remark is a domesticated cultivar, maybe even GM stock, so 'human vegetation' wouldn't be a bad description. Less jargony than 'anthropogenic' anyway.

Can't find anything about it now, but isn't there some type of vegetable matter that lives in the gut?  I'm sure it was mentioned in an early Swamp Thing (well, shortly after we found out Alec wasn't a person covered in muck, or the product of chemicals and worms).

It's from when Swampy goes to war with Gotham (issue 53?) - he threatens Batman with : "There is flora... in the human intestinal track...Do not  tempt me.", or similar. I love that scene. Also: "You are warning... ME...? Do you warn... the hurricane? Do you warn... the earthquake?"

Got the Alan Moore Swamp thing collections for Christmas and haven't had a chance to read through them other than the very early issues, which i've read before but have loved reading again. i remember having a lovely titan black and white collection when Swamp Thing is wandering the universe, running into Adam Strange and featuring gorgeous Rick Veitch art... I've never read the story where he goes to Gotham, but your quotes have me counting down the issues!

sheridan

Quote from: Rately on 02 March, 2017, 09:18:18 PM
The wheat that appears to be he subject of the remark is a domesticated cultivar, maybe even GM stock, so 'human vegetation' wouldn't be a bad description. Less jargony than 'anthropogenic' anyway.

Can't find anything about it now, but isn't there some type of vegetable matter that lives in the gut?  I'm sure it was mentioned in an early Swamp Thing (well, shortly after we found out Alec wasn't a person covered in muck, or the product of chemicals and worms).

It's from when Swampy goes to war with Gotham (issue 53?) - he threatens Batman with : "There is flora... in the human intestinal track...Do not  tempt me.", or similar. I love that scene. Also: "You are warning... ME...? Do you warn... the hurricane? Do you warn... the earthquake?"

Got the Alan Moore Swamp thing collections for Christmas and haven't had a chance to read through them other than the very early issues, which i've read before but have loved reading again. i remember having a lovely titan black and white collection when Swamp Thing is wandering the universe, running into Adam Strange and featuring gorgeous Rick Veitch art... I've never read the story where he goes to Gotham, but your quotes have me counting down the issues!

I remember the first Swamp Thing I read.  I was off school sick for the day and my dad brought me a comic back from the local newsagent.  I hadn't read an american comic before (closest I got was the Marvel UK Return of the Jedi) but I recognised the name of one of the creators from Skizz and Time Twisters, so persevered.  It was the one with Alec seeing the ghost Alec Holland.  Bit of a change of pace for somebody who would still have been getting Tiger, Spike, Eagle and Tooth.

Rately

Quote from: sheridan on 02 March, 2017, 11:20:05 PM
Quote from: Rately on 02 March, 2017, 09:18:18 PM

I remember the first Swamp Thing I read.  I was off school sick for the day and my dad brought me a comic back from the local newsagent.  I hadn't read an american comic before (closest I got was the Marvel UK Return of the Jedi) but I recognised the name of one of the creators from Skizz and Time Twisters, so persevered.  It was the one with Alec seeing the ghost Alec Holland.  Bit of a change of pace for somebody who would still have been getting Tiger, Spike, Eagle and Tooth.

Fantastic.

My dad would always buy me a comic along with his newspapers after mass on a Sunday. Mostly it was Wagner / Grant / Breyfogle reprints, but every once in a while it would be the Wein / Wrightston Swamp Thing. Lovely stuff. Far as i can remember, i had the first four Swamp Thing issues in a lovely collection along with Chaykin's The Shadow and some lovely little quirky one-offs. Struggling to think of the name of the magazine.

Tiplodocus

ALIENS vs. THE LOVE BOAT?

Who thought that was a good idea.  Still some nice pretty pictures in that so I'll probably go see it at the movies.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Goaty

dweezil2

Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

HdE

That made me gigglesnort.
Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

Goaty

Keef Monkey

I actually had a dream I went to see this last night. It was really odd and not what I expected. Danny McBride had a hollow concave section in the top of his head so that trays of snacks and drinks could be clicked into it, and he walked around the ship serving the other crew members biscuits. It was someone's birthday but I couldn't tell who. Then the action kicked off and he shrank to a few inches tall and had to evade a full sized alien in a living room, hopping over small obstacles and sometimes scaling the actual alien itself. It was all filmed side-on like a retro platform game.

I'm only sharing this on the very, very, very slim chance this is what the film turns out to be, so that when I swear I predicted it nobody can call me a liar.

It wasn't a great movie to be honest.

Spikes

I suspect your dream may well be better than the actual film...   ;)

Woolly

Quote from: Keef Monkey on 24 March, 2017, 09:31:23 AM
Danny McBride had a hollow concave section in the top of his head so that trays of snacks and drinks could be clicked into it, and he walked around the ship serving the other crew members biscuits.

This is solid gold!
I really want to see Henry Flint draw it.