Main Menu

Prog 2000 - Cover and content summary!

Started by Colin YNWA, 22 June, 2016, 09:47:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tjm86

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 23 June, 2016, 08:43:34 PM

The Christmas varient was by Bisley. ;)

Sorry, always get that pair mixed up.   :-[  Don't know why.  Perhaps because I've never been blown away by either.

Geoff

AMAZING!

Love that Fabry wrap around - those smiling/gurning faces are superb!
Love the other cover too!
Love the line up!
A Bolland strip! 
A McMahon page too!

Can't wait for September - oh happy day!

Many congratulations to Commando Forces on getting that amazing piece of art too!

JayzusB.Christ

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

sheridan

Quote from: O Lucky Stevie! on 24 June, 2016, 04:07:27 AM
Stevie is totally down with new Nemesis providing it's a flashback story ala Pat & Kev's loving, brilliant  tribute to the late Ken Reid -- Ego Trip. For the overarching narrative of Nemesis the Warlock is circular in structure, so as  TB so rightly puts it, there is indeed nowhere else it can go.
In what way was Ego Trip a tribute to Ken Reid?  I'm not overly familiar with his work, though have looked up what he did, and can't work out a link to Ego Trip.

ZenArcade

Does the Mighty One need a space suit?  Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

RaggedMan

Quote from: sheridan on 26 June, 2016, 01:38:58 PM
Quote from: O Lucky Stevie! on 24 June, 2016, 04:07:27 AM
Stevie is totally down with new Nemesis providing it's a flashback story ala Pat & Kev's loving, brilliant  tribute to the late Ken Reid -- Ego Trip. For the overarching narrative of Nemesis the Warlock is circular in structure, so as  TB so rightly puts it, there is indeed nowhere else it can go.
In what way was Ego Trip a tribute to Ken Reid?  I'm not overly familiar with his work, though have looked up what he did, and can't work out a link to Ego Trip.

I'm assuming it's Ken's work on Faceache. I'm now remembering a 'Scrunge' sound effect when Nemesis distorts yer man's body but I think I'm probably making that up.

When I  did a bit of teaching about comics I did a session on what made them unique as an art form. I used O'Neil and Reid (Worldwide Weirdies) together as examples of the Grotesque that comics did so well.

Skank

Quote from: Greg M. on 23 June, 2016, 11:15:03 AM
I originally thought it was Devlin Waugh - vampire teeth, 'tache - but on the black and white copy it looks like it calls him a vampire accountant, which would make it Yorga from  Brigand Doom (!) Surely not?
Its Captain Constanza(Not sure on name) from Fiends on the Eastern Front aint it?

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Skank on 28 June, 2016, 12:58:47 AM
Its Captain Constanza(Not sure on name) from Fiends on the Eastern Front aint it?

Glenn's margin notes (see Commando Forces' pic of the pencils) say it's a 'vampire accountant', which doesn't leave me much the wiser, TBH!
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

JayzusB.Christ

Dante's a bit odd-looking in the pencil one, isn't he?  Touch of Eugene Root about him.  But it's an arsom cover all the same.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Proudhuff

I'm sure TMO has all in hand to push/promote/celebrate this milestone but can he please please put a D notice on any hack using POW! BIFF! SPLATT! style headlines  :D
DDT did a job on me

sheridan

Quotethis issue will feature the first sequential comics work by Bolland for 2000 AD since 1987
Any ideas what this may be?  A second Dredd tale, after the Ezquerra one?  I'm struggling to think of anything other than an early Future-Shock and Walter the Wobot, non-Dredd wise, in the pages of 2000AD...

Leigh S

I'm presuming something along the lines of the page he did for prog 500? - one of the interlinking

Dash Decent

Quote from: sheridan on 28 June, 2016, 11:24:34 PM
Quotethis issue will feature the first sequential comics work by Bolland for 2000 AD since 1987
Any ideas what this may be?

Bolland on Droid Life!

Better yet, Bolland on the return of Dash Decent!  Come on, Tharg - you know it makes sense.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Dash Decent

"The incredible line-up for Prog 2000 includes:
•A special one-off Judge Dredd story from creators John Wagner and Carlos Ezquerra"

The Death of Dredd?
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Timothy

Quote from: Dash Decent on 30 June, 2016, 12:54:37 PM
"The incredible line-up for Prog 2000 includes:
•A special one-off Judge Dredd story from creators John Wagner and Carlos Ezquerra"

The Death of Dredd?

Twice in a year!?