Main Menu

Hookjaw by Si Spurrier and...

Started by Colin YNWA, 23 July, 2016, 09:08:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Wow how did I miss this. ANYWAY sometimes the news is so good that simply putting it into 'Comics I'm excited about...' will not contain a nerdgasm of the seismic proportions that I'm heading to.

This is one such time.

Not only are we getting new Hookjaw (5 issue mini from Titan)...

Its by SI SPURRIER...

With art by the very lovely CONOR BOYLE once of these pastures, for whom I couldn't be happier.

How bloody excellent is that!

more here

http://downthetubes.net/?p=32648

Hawkmumbler

Yes! I'll have some of that thanks! Maybe we'll finally get thise Action reprints Titan have been teasing fir years as well!

Bolt-01

I could not be happier about this. Conor has worked bloody hard for 'years'. Well deserved and, ahem- one of mine.

JayzusB.Christ

Sweet! Si was also one of our number, and having seen how sick and violent he is capable of being in Crossed, I'd say he's more than equal to it.

Now, when is someone going to continue Kids Rule OK?
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 23 July, 2016, 03:58:00 PM
I could not be happier about this. Conor has worked bloody hard for 'years'. Well deserved and, ahem- one of mine.

Yeah... it's funny to hear Conor described as a "new talent" or a "rising star" when you know how long he's been going at this. He started good, and has just got better with every job. In my head, he's been where he is now for years.

(Plus, Conor and Liz are some my favourite people... inside or out of the comic business.)
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Steve Green

So pleased for him, well-deserved

Dandontdare

I'm just back from a splendid weekend at the rather good Blue Dot festival at Jodrell Bank, where who should I run into but Conor & Liz - It was great to hear the news, much celebrating with overpriced festival beer was going on!

Proudhuff

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 24 July, 2016, 01:25:08 PM
Quote from: Bolt-01 on 23 July, 2016, 03:58:00 PM

Yeah... it's funny to hear Conor described as a "new talent" or a "rising star" when you know how long he's been going at this. He started good, and has just got better with every job. In my head, he's been where he is now for years.

(Plus, Conor and Liz are some my favourite people... inside or out of the comic business.)

This ^^^  :D
DDT did a job on me

Hawkmumbler

Aye, this does look rather excellent, and more Shark comics can only be a good thing!

IAMTHESYSTEM

Yes, fantastic Cover by Conor Boyle. Really good I can't wait to see him in twoothy soon. Must buy this Hookjaw as well. I'm guessing it's about nasty people coming to nasty ends.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Bolt-01

Squaxx in the london area:

Go say hi to one of the brightest young talents in the country! And Simon Spurrier!