Main Menu

Well knock me down with a feather

Started by futureimperfect, 31 July, 2016, 03:19:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

futureimperfect

I was aware a few years ago that Larry Wachowski had reassigned as a female but I just found out today out of the blue that Andy is now Lilly Wachowski! Had no idea.

Another interesting fact I found out earlier in the week is that Bob Mortimer (of Vic And Bob fame) is not dead as I initially thought but in fact does a weekly (ish) podcast with some fat northern bloke! For anyone interested, Athletico Mince is the most non football podcast about football going. Had me laughing on the bus every morning.

Anyone else learn anything interesting this week?

NapalmKev

Quote from: futureimperfect on 31 July, 2016, 03:19:55 AM

Anyone else learn anything interesting this week?

I learned that I can buy quality aftershave from the one-toothed crack head who has been loitering around the local shopping precinct.

I don't think I'll bother!

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

Banners

That Kinder Eggs are illegal in America, where of course machine guns aren't.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Banners on 31 July, 2016, 06:40:57 PM
That Kinder Eggs are illegal in America, where of course machine guns aren't.

Communist.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Taryn Tailz

Quote from: futureimperfect on 31 July, 2016, 03:19:55 AM
I was aware a few years ago that Larry Wachowski had reassigned as a female but I just found out today out of the blue that Andy is now Lilly Wachowski! Had no idea.

There's a lot of it about. ;)

futureimperfect

Quote from: Taryn Tailz (formerly Tim) on 31 July, 2016, 10:23:27 PM

The future is here. And by that I mean the (almost) universal acceptance. Other than a few people letting the planet down by being behind the times.

I stuffed up the previous post by clicking save then back instead of editing. Whoops.

Theblazeuk

Bob Mortimer does a podcast!?!

Yesterday I learned Bob Mortimer & Frankie Boyle have done a ting for the iPlayer only channel:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01zfng3

Haven't had a chance to watch it but Bob and Boyle doing a cookery show? Oovavu!

Taryn Tailz

Quote from: futureimperfect on 01 August, 2016, 06:13:54 AM

The future is here. And by that I mean the (almost) universal acceptance. Other than a few people letting the planet down by being behind the times.

I stuffed up the previous post by clicking save then back instead of editing. Whoops.

I sincerely hope you're right. I've had nothing but acceptance and positivity since I came out as Trans on here, so the 2000AD board is leading the way and showing the world how it's done. ;)

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: Theblazeuk on 01 August, 2016, 11:47:41 AM
Bob Mortimer does a podcast!?!

Yesterday I learned Bob Mortimer & Frankie Boyle have done a ting for the iPlayer only channel:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01zfng3

Haven't had a chance to watch it but Bob and Boyle doing a cookery show? Oovavu!

That TV cookery comedy programme is dreadful. Had to stop it after 15 mins.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Taryn Tailz (formerly Tim) on 01 August, 2016, 03:57:22 PM

I sincerely hope you're right. I've had nothing but acceptance and positivity since I came out as Trans on here, so the 2000AD board is leading the way and showing the world how it's done. ;)

Personally, I think you're a total weirdo, Taryn - but only because you're one of us.   ;)
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Taryn Tailz

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 02 August, 2016, 01:11:52 PM
Quote from: Taryn Tailz (formerly Tim) on 01 August, 2016, 03:57:22 PM

Personally, I think you're a total weirdo, Taryn - but only because you're one of us.   ;)

That goes without saying. haha I was always a weirdo before, no reason why I shouldn't be after I've transitioned. :P

Im_not_Frank

Reading Kenny Bakers wikipedia article and finding out that hes from Birmingham. R2-D2 is a Brummie! No wonder no one understands what hes saying.

Hawkmumbler

That Clint Eastwood is every bit as hard line and dickish as his iconic macho-cop role. Kind of a blow TBH.

JayzusB.Christ

Jonathan Rhys Meyers is a bit of a short-arse, and something of a mouthy git to boot.  I was an extra in Vikings yesterday, and got to shout abuse in Norse at him as he was roughed up by the King's guards.

The actors that play King Harald (also a short-arse), Queen Astrid and Ivar the Boneless seem very friendly though.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"