Main Menu

Question about currency settings in Rebellion Portal

Started by I, Cosh, 09 August, 2016, 03:27:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I, Cosh

Hi web dudes. Hope you can help out here.

I was looking at the digital subscriptions available through the Rebellion Portal but it seems to want to set the currency/price based on my location rather than my account billing address and it doesn't look like there is anywhere for me to set this option in the account settings.

At home, it defaults to EUR and in the office it's USD. In both cases, this is wrong. If it was picking up my location correctly it should be CHF, but I would've expected it to be GBP, like the 2000ad shop, based on my billing details.

Should I just figure out which is cheapest for me and do it from there?
We never really die.

Hi – apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

The pricing on the Rebellion Portal is fixed on your current location, which is required for our digital sales. However, we only handle 6 currencies, currently, which means in countries where we don't have support for a local currency the pricing is shown in USD.

The 2000 AD shop currently only supports GBP, which is why that is what you see there. However, we plan to be updating the shop later this year to support different currencies.

So, in short, please do go ahead and work out which currency is cheapest for you and proceed. Hope that answers your query and doesn't cause you too much inconvenience.

sheridan

I wonder what the other currencies are?  Galactic Groats, obviously, and probably Mega-City One creds (are creds an international currency, or do they have different creds in different cities?)