Main Menu

Prog 1994: For the attenshun of Judge Dredd

Started by Trent, 13 August, 2016, 12:57:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trent

Ave I just bagged the prog thread. Another fine issue with a curious development in Dredd. It looks like the alien Wagner finally got out of Johnny Alpha's head had infected PJ Maybe or something. No doubt all will be revealed.

Proudhuff

Not got Prog yet, but that shpellin means that the recent voiceover wasn't PJ?  :-\
DDT did a job on me

Colin YNWA

You know what was so exciting about this Prog. It was I found it so run of the mill.

I should explain.

When I finished it I thought it wasn't anything special... for 2000ad... and I bloody loved it. Dredd was a soild episode with PJ upping his game. Scarlet Traces also up the anti a little and is almost equally deadly, with the pace of this so far much more shockingly so, fantastic. A pretty good second part to the 3riller, its a very interesting story and I can't wait to see how it finishes. Outlier has been really good to date, setting up the big picture really well and I hope enough now to give us a more personal story than we have to date. You can see where that's coming though. Anderson is pretty nice good too building nicely and looking good.

So yeah the Prog without Brinkhas nothing mindblowing good (though both Dredd and Scarlet Traces get close) and still you compare to most things, not just other comics but movies, TV shows (except Olympics coverage!) etc etc and ... well little does compare. A solid 2000ad is some of the best storytelling in the world... we'll until I get to the double Lawless Wednesday that is!

We're just lucky we've happened to stumble across this little pool of delight.

pauljholden

Jim! Jim! they finally did it, those glorious bastards...!

Frank

Quote from: Proudhuff on 13 August, 2016, 03:18:17 PM
Not got Prog yet, but that shpellin means that the recent voiceover wasn't PJ?  :-\

The reesent narrayshun woz thurd persson, or free indierekt speetsh:

Normelly, the conseet of Maybe's narrayshun is that thay'r jurrnal entrays, writtin in the past tenss (and lower cays skript). The parts of last week's episoad that werr rellayting Maybe's thawts werr prezant tenss, rathur than sumthing he'd writtun down layter.

Hawkmumbler

I think I saw a "fan film" where Dredd "nailed" PJ Maybe....

Ghost MacRoth

Cover: Bold and attention grabbing, nice.

Droid Life: Dad joke humour abounds.

Dredd: Still not sure I'm buying PJ's change of sexual orientation from being so unable to relate to humans he was in love with a sex doll to the rampant bi sex pest, but then again, folk do change, so ok.  Plus, the voice in the head, written in the black bubbles.... could it be some kind of hangover from his time with the DJ's?  Guess that'd be enough to prompt some changes in anyone.

Scarlet Traces:  Still doing nowt for me.

3Rillers:  Second bite was good, so now if we get a good payoff, we could have the first truly decent one since they began?  We'll see.

Outlier: Why does someone always have to piss and moan about destroying a planet?  Pah!  Cut of the hand to save the arm and all that!  But aye, still enjoying this, if marginally more for the art than the tale itself.

Anderson: Still not sure how I feel about the art, I like it and dislike it on a moment to moment basis, but I guess that's better than just disliking it right off the bat.  Tale shaping up nicely.

I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

Frank

Quote from: Ghost MacRoth on 14 August, 2016, 03:56:58 PM
Dredd: Still not sure I'm buying PJ's change of sexual orientation ...  Plus, the voice in the head, written in the black bubbles.... could it be some kind of hangover from his time with the DJ's?

How great would it be if Death was in control of PJ, and the sudden lust for built bulls like Budley was a reflection of Sidney's sexual proclivities?

It would explain the high camp of most Dark Judges outings, but Dave Kendall and Nigel Long would probably have a bit of rewriting to do.

Ghost MacRoth

Don't recollect any proclivities from Sid other than murder.... although in the latest mega collection he did seem a bit fixated on the lass Cass had inhabited in Half life.... still...no reason why a mass murdering sociopath undead geezer couldn't have been a bit fruity I guess! ;)
I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

Frank

Quote from: Ghost MacRoth on 14 August, 2016, 10:27:38 PM
Don't recollect any proclivities from Sid

Remember that time a naked guy declared his intention to come out to his wife? Sidney joined him in the shower, and shouted that he was coming as he penetrated him (with his fist):

Richard

That is quite compelling evidence. Case proved.

Ghost MacRoth

Bwahhahahahahah!!  Fair point, well made. ;)

Link Prime

Quote from: Butch on 13 August, 2016, 09:13:39 PM

Normelly, the conseet of Maybe's narrayshun is that thay'r jurrnal entrays, writtin in the past tenss (and lower cays skript). The parts of last week's episoad that werr rellayting Maybe's thawts werr prezant tenss, rathur than sumthing he'd writtun down layter.

Thankz- itz bin a reel edgeucashun.

Echidna

Quote from: Ghost MacRoth on 14 August, 2016, 03:56:58 PM
3Rillers:  Second bite was good, so now if we get a good payoff, we could have the first truly decent one since they began?  We'll see.

The 3rillers floppy with Meg 371 was pretty damn good (especially Gunheadz), and Survival Geeks started as a 3riller too (though not everyone likes that one as much as I do, of course).