Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills 2017

Started by Dash Decent, 23 August, 2016, 01:24:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 16 March, 2017, 10:51:41 AM
Quote from: Dash Decent on 16 March, 2017, 02:15:43 AM
He's a write-for-hire type, if that's the correct phrase.

Does quite a lot of writing on Titan's licensed stuff, too — I worked on one of his Vikings mini-series, amongst other things.

Doesn't he write some of the Doctor Who stuff as well. I can't honestly remember which title, but I see his name on the adverts for other titles in the 11th Doc stuff.

Taryn Tailz

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 16 March, 2017, 02:21:34 PM
Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 16 March, 2017, 10:51:41 AM
Quote from: Dash Decent on 16 March, 2017, 02:15:43 AM
He's a write-for-hire type, if that's the correct phrase.

Does quite a lot of writing on Titan's licensed stuff, too — I worked on one of his Vikings mini-series, amongst other things.

Doesn't he write some of the Doctor Who stuff as well. I can't honestly remember which title, but I see his name on the adverts for other titles in the 11th Doc stuff.

He's been writing Doctor Who media since at least the early 2000's, when he wrote his first Doctor Who audio for Big Finish. He's certainly done a few Doctor Who comic strips in his time.

Dog Deever

Hmmm, that's The Order collection on my radar for birthday-time in May, with suitably large and totally unsubtle hints having been dropped in Mrs. D's direction. It will have to get in line behind the 3rd Monsterology collection, though only if that's not out by May.
*looks at list, sighs*
I need a better job.  :lol:
Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

O Lucky Stevie!

Necrophim (quite appositely) receives the floppy treatment with Meg 384.

But Psi Judge Lamia courtesy of Edgy & Taylor with Live Evil, which follows Wagner & McCrea's Harvey in the Dredd slot in the prog.
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

Dash Decent

In haste...

Judge Anderson: Year One - Paperback, 400 pages, 15 Jun. 2017
"The untold story behind Mega-City One's most famous telepath and Judge Dredd partner, Judge Anderson, in her first year on the job! Mega-City One, 2100. Cassandra Anderson is destined to become Psi-Division's most famous Judge, foiling supernatural threats and policing Mega-City One's hearts and souls. For now, she's fresh out of Academy and Psi-Div themselves are still finding their feet.

Heartbreaker: After a string of apparently random, deadly assaults by customers at a dating agency, Anderson is convinced a telepathic killer is to blame. Putting her career on the line, the newly-trained Psi-Judge goes undercover to bring the romance-hating murderer to justice, with the big Valentine's Day parade coming up...

The Abyss: Sent to interrogate Moriah Blake, leader of the notorious terror group 'Bedlam, ' Anderson gets just one snippet of information - Bedlam's planning on detonating a huge bomb - before Blake's followers take over the Block. It's a race against time, and Anderson's on her own amongst the inmates...

A Dream of the Nevertime: Anderson - a rookie no more, with a year on the streets under her belt - contracts what appears to be a deadly psychic virus, and must explore the weirdest reaches of the Cursed Earth in search of a cure. She must face mutants, mystics and all the strangeness the land can throw at her as she wrestles weird forces..."

The Complete Scarlet Traces Vol. 2 - Paperback, 160 pages, 10 Oct 2017
"The brand new series of Scarlet Traces continues the story of HG Wells' classic SF The War Of The Worlds, taking the story back to Mars... 
Thanks to the technology left behind by the Martians and salvaged by the survivors, the British Empire has become a dominating world power once again, and has taken the fight back to the Martians! But an aging Robert Autumn knows there is more to this war than the propganda suggests. He sends journalist Charlotte Hemmingway undercover to Mars in order to discover the truth. What she discovers there is truly earth-shattering...

This volume contains the very latest series of Scarlet Traces, which has never been collected before."

The Complete Future Shocks Vol. 1 - Paperback, 320 pages, 10 Oct. 2017
"Tharg's Future Shocks are one-off, twist ending, sci-fi thrills that have introduced many of the biggest names in the comic book industry through the pages of 2000 AD.

THE ULTIMATE VISION OF THE FUTURE!

From Alan Moore to Al Ewing, Kevin O'Neill to Jon Davis-Hunt, Future Shocks have been a staple of the UK's best-selling comic 2000 AD! This exciting first volume takes us back to the earliest days of the strip and showcases the burgeoning, immense talents of such luminaries as Steve Moore, Alan Moore, Brett Ewins, Brian Bolland, Dave Gibbons, John Cooper, Carlos Pino, Jesus Redondo, Steve Dillon, Peter Milligan and many, many more."

The Dark Judges: Tainted: Fall of Deadworld - Hardcover, 144 pages, 05 Dec 2017
"Deadworld was once a planet similar to Earth, until Judge Death and his brothers Fear, Fire and Mortis deemed that as only the living could break the law, life itself should be a crime. As the Dark Judges set out to bring extinction to this parallel world, Judge Fairfax and a family of farmers attempt to escape the chaos. Is it possible for the living to evade to cold, icy grasp of Death?

This chilling collection also features the Dreams of Deadworld strips, giving an extraordinary insight into the undead psyches of the internationally famous super-fiends."

Grey Area: This Island Earth - Paperback, 176 pages, 16 Jan 2018
"Meet the cops at the front line of alien immigration! Grey Area is a bold dystopian vision; an Alien Nation for the 21st Century!

ILLEGAL ALIENS!

North America, 2045. The Global Exo Segregation Zone (aka the 'Grey Area') is a huge holding area in Arizona housing all manner of aliens hoping to visit earth: a melting pot for alien disputes, crime and inter-species misunderstandings! The only thing standing in the way of chaos is the Exo Transfer Control squads: heavily-armed immigration cops that keep the peace and make sure everyone has their papers in order...

From contemptuous extra-terrestrial ambassadors with diplomatic immunity, to right-wing xenophobic militants and alien freeloaders disguised as luggage: new recruit Jana Birdy discovers that life in the E.T.C. might be the most interesting job on Earth... and the most dangerous!"

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Hawkmumbler

Grey Area collections, AT LAST!

Dash Decent

I still think they're missing a trick by calling the two volumes the mundane "Book One" and "Book Two".  The Leopard's catchphrase would make two good titles - "TLFLS: Catch Me if You Can" and "TLFLS: Hunt Me if You Dare".
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Colin YNWA

That's a bloody great cover!

Hawkmumbler

Still missing "As seen in Grant Morrison's ZENITH" on the cover but eh, still an instant buy.

Dash Decent

I haven't generally gone for the webshop special editions, but for a hardback edition of Leopard from Lime Street, I'm in.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

O Lucky Stevie!

More Necrophim for the floppy with Meg 385.

"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

Dash Decent

Nice to see The Leopard From Lime Street available to pre-order from Amazon UK -  Paperback, 13th July 2017, 160 pages.
"Billy Farmer lives with his Aunt Joan and Uncle Charlie in the when he is scratched by a radioactive leopard  at the local zoo. Gaining leopard-like strength, speed, reflexes, and tree-climbing abilities, when he's not fighting crime, Billy sells photographs of himself to the local paper, using the money to support his frail aunt while contending with his violent, greedy and lazy uncle. With warmth, wit, and stunning artwork by Mike Western and Eric Bradbury, The Leopard from Lime Street is a gem of 1970s and 1980s British comics.

Marney the Fox - Hardcover, 21st September 2017, 224 pages.
"Marney the Fox is a Lassie-style tale of a lone fox up against wicked humans via Watership Down and Fantastic Mr Fox."

Hook Jaw: Archive - Hardcover, Titan Comics, 12th September 2017
"Hook Jaw - the comic so controversial, it got banned! Pat Mills and Ramon Sola's classic 70s 'sharksploitation' strip is collected in one volume by Titan Comics, featuring the great white shark that targets the corrupt and greedy!"

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Colin YNWA

There's so much to be excited about there. Not sure which one I'm looking forward to must Leopard from Lime Street or Hookjaw?

hippynumber1

I don't think I know 'Marney the Fox' at all. Can anyone tell me more?