Main Menu

Adi Shankar Bootleg Universe script competition

Started by GordonR, 23 August, 2016, 09:18:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GordonR

https://screencraft.org/bootleguniverse/

Pay $29 to for the chance to have your script turned into a copyright-breaking short film, and Adi nicking all the glory for it if it's any good!

Professor Bear

You're talking to a forum that's 70% budding comics creators.  This probably sounds like a bargain.

IndigoPrime

So hang on, Gordon—you're saying this means Dredd 2 is definitely going to get made, right?

*runs*

TordelBack

Pity he didn't run this before he made the Dredd thing.

blackmocco

Ah. "Good exposure". Better than getting paid, as we all know.

Interestingly enough, I just realized his production company, 1984, is five minutes walk down the street.
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

GordonR

Quote from: blackmocco on 23 August, 2016, 10:18:53 PM
Ah. "Good exposure". Better than getting paid, as we all know.

And probably only a small chance of being sued by a major entertainment conglomerate for violating their IP.  Result!

I notice the 2nd prize pays 1000 bucks, while the winner gets hee-haw.

JOE SOAP

1st Place

Grand Prize

$ 100,000*

*Short film production budget for the winning short screenplay or story will be between $20,000 and $100,000 depending on scope and needs of the project as determined by ScreenCraft and Adi Shankar.

So the 'winner' doesn't get a say in how they spend their prize?

blackmocco

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 24 August, 2016, 12:10:27 AM
1st Place

Grand Prize

$ 100,000*

*Short film production budget for the winning short screenplay or story will be between $20,000 and $100,000 depending on scope and needs of the project as determined by ScreenCraft and Adi Shankar.

No, but "winning writer will receive personal introductions to top producers, managers, agents and studio executives."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com

JOE SOAP

GordonR

Quote from: blackmocco on 24 August, 2016, 12:57:32 AM
Quote from: JOE SOAP on 24 August, 2016, 12:10:27 AM
1st Place

Grand Prize

$ 100,000*

No, but "winning writer will receive personal introductions to top producers, managers, agents and studio executives."

So..............Exposure Bucks, then?

JOE SOAP

Steve Green

That seems spectacularly pointless - I can't see much appeal in writing something then handing it over to someone else.

I can only speak for myself, but it's more about the whole experience, having a bit of fun and getting to grips with the whole process.

QuickQuag

I see what he's trying to do with the URL. But all I can think of when I see it is: What's a Bootle Gun?
The views above are entirely my own. And there's the problem.

Satanist

I guess even Kickstarter told him to get lost.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

blackmocco

Quote from: Steve Green on 24 August, 2016, 09:11:18 AM
That seems spectacularly pointless - I can't see much appeal in writing something then handing it over to someone else.

I can only speak for myself, but it's more about the whole experience, having a bit of fun and getting to grips with the whole process.

Yeah, I mean if he was going to allow you to create the short yourself with his budget that would at least be something you could justify. What a crock of bullshit. 3rd Prize cracks me up.

www.BLACKMOCCO.com