Main Menu

2000 AD Southern Contingent Pre-Christmas Gathering - Sat 12TH November 2016

Started by COMMANDO FORCES, 25 August, 2016, 12:57:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

COMMANDO FORCES

It's the last one before Christmas and with stories fresh from Thought Bubble in our heads, what better way to end the year than a gathering for tales, drinking, food and fun.

SAT 12th Nov 2016 in that there London

If you've never been to one then why not start now and have an enjoyable time. We all meet up at Forbidden Planet on Shaftesbury Avenue between 12:00 - 13:00 and then wander down Neal Street (opposite the shop) and into The Crown and Anchor, which is on the left and is a corner building.

I know many people can't get to conventions and therefore never see members of the 2000 AD community, be it from here or facebook. This is a social event when you can meet a few of us, putting names to faces and just relax, have a pint, chat about anything and feel welcomed by everyone.

I hope we see a few new faces from the many new arrivals to the forum!

sheridan

Rackle

I'll be there, and I'm sure Judge Thread shall make an appearance.  :)

COMMANDO FORCES

Large48

[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]

sheridan

Sort of off-topic - but is there anything planned for the Prog 2000 signings, other than attendance at the London comic shops in question?

COMMANDO FORCES

Magnetica

I might finally get along to this...would be interested to meet you guys.

COMMANDO FORCES

You should come along. We always have an enjoyable time and it's a great way to put avatars to faces, without going to a Con.

AlexF

I've only just discovered this section of the Forum - never knew you all met up in the flesh periodically. Reckon I can come to this meet on 12th November. What are the rules for introducing yourself? Wear a conspicuous Thargian T-Shirt and look awkward til someone says hi?

sheridan

Quote from: AlexF on 03 October, 2016, 12:52:40 PM
I've only just discovered this section of the Forum - never knew you all met up in the flesh periodically. Reckon I can come to this meet on 12th November. What are the rules for introducing yourself? Wear a conspicuous Thargian T-Shirt and look awkward til someone says hi?

Yep, that's about it.  If you don't identify anybody at the comic shop, just go to the pub and make a beeline for the geekiest people you can see :-)

We could be upstairs if you don't see anybody immediately.

Mangamax

The perspective on that chairs all wrong

COMMANDO FORCES

Yeah! The more the merrier and as said AlexF, we are easy to find. We're the coolest and most handsome/beautiful people you will see that day :lol: