Main Menu

Prog 1996 - Fatherland

Started by I, Cosh, 27 August, 2016, 11:22:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 31 August, 2016, 08:01:41 AM
What is the point of the Judge in drag in the first panel of Dredd?

Is it a man in drag? (I don't think so?) Why is she holding a gun only to be told that she won't be armed? Why is it important she changes her voice?

I assume she is somehow going to impersonate PJ?

Funny was thinking similar myself, that and wondering about the arse shot of PJ escaping, where he's hiding his tackle?  :o :-X
DDT did a job on me

dweezil2

No Prog in Ashford, Kent's WHSmith after the bank holiday!

Bummer!

This is becoming a regular, unwelcome occurrence!!  :(
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Proudhuff

Quote from: The Cosh on 27 August, 2016, 11:22:43 AM
The familiar thump on the doorstep propelled me out of bed.

is that a euphemism? 
DDT did a job on me

Proudhuff

what I meant to say before I came over all 'Mrs Slocome's pussy' was:

Prog 2000 Signing's nationwide and Scotland, the Juves in Wales and The Pit aren't going to like that...
DDT did a job on me

Dandontdare

New one announced in Cardiff!

Tjm86

Quote from: Proudhuff on 31 August, 2016, 05:57:47 PM
Quote from: The Cosh on 27 August, 2016, 11:22:43 AM
The familiar thump on the doorstep propelled me out of bed.

is that a euphemism?

Didn't think there were any milkmen left anymore.

Batman's Superior Cousin

Quote from: Dandontdare on 31 August, 2016, 06:11:17 PM

Any in the Newcastle-Upon-Tyne area???
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

ZenArcade

We'll have to organise our own signing in Belfast. We have the wherewithal. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Frank

Quote from: Proudhuff on 31 August, 2016, 12:34:04 PM
wondering about the arse shot of PJ escaping, where he's hiding his tackle?

Didn't he say he'd tucked away the family jewels South of the border?

In the absence of an Allo Allo remake, let's celebrate fake foreign ácçëñtŝ mangling language to create unintentional rudeness with news that Nort street vendors offer a hot, tasty treat of particular interest to Scottish punters:

GIANT BUGS(!) are balanced by a wry exchange of dialogue between Irya and the painfully sincere Shakespeare in Scarlet Traces. Nothing much else to say about an otherwise meat and two veg issue.

Dandontdare

Quote from: Batman's Superior Cousin on 31 August, 2016, 10:17:30 PM

Don't be silly. Los Angeles and Shrewsbury are obvious but NoT - that'd be crazy! Looks like Edinburgh's your nearest one.

A.Cow

What is the point of the Judge in drag in the first panel of Dredd?  Is it a man in drag? (I don't think so?) Why is she holding a gun only to be told that she won't be armed? Why is it important she changes her voice?  I assume she is somehow going to impersonate PJ?

I think you've fallen for misdirection.  Presumably, this (female) Wally Squad judge is going to impersonate [spoiler]Vienna[/spoiler].  (Hence why her specific role is deliberately left unclear.)

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: A.Cow on 01 September, 2016, 02:10:59 AM
What is the point of the Judge in drag in the first panel of Dredd?  Is it a man in drag? (I don't think so?) Why is she holding a gun only to be told that she won't be armed? Why is it important she changes her voice?  I assume she is somehow going to impersonate PJ?

I think you've fallen for misdirection.  Presumably, this (female) Wally Squad judge is going to impersonate [spoiler]Vienna[/spoiler].  (Hence why her specific role is deliberately left unclear.)

Well, you've got to wonder how Dredd knows his neice has a potty mouth and dresses like a hooker.
Lock up your spoons!

I, Cosh

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 01 September, 2016, 07:53:08 AM
Quote from: A.Cow on 01 September, 2016, 02:10:59 AM
Well, you've got to wonder how Dredd knows his neice has a potty mouth and dresses like a hooker.
Because Andrew Currie drew her once?
We never really die.

GordonR

Quote from: Dandontdare on 31 August, 2016, 11:01:16 PM
Quote from: Batman's Superior Cousin on 31 August, 2016, 10:17:30 PM

Don't be silly. Los Angeles and Shrewsbury are obvious but NoT - that'd be crazy! Looks like Edinburgh's your nearest one.

The distribution of these signings depends on two things:

Droids who live in the area and are able and willing to do it, and availability of suitable venues.  (For example, one chain of stores wasn't very enthusiastic, hence why we're signing in Waterstones Edinburgh rather than FP Glasgow or Edinburgh...)

There's at least two good comic shops in Newcastle, but a bit of scarcity of droids resident in the north-east.  Sorry, Newcastle.

Oh, and John Wagner lives in Shrewsbury...

Rately

Quote from: ZenArcade on 31 August, 2016, 10:27:52 PM
We'll have to organise our own signing in Belfast. We have the wherewithal. Z

Pub. Progs. PJ Holden ( Not Maybe.