Main Menu

New Logo for prog 2000?

Started by Jacqusie, 02 September, 2016, 01:59:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Green

http://www.handfans4less.com/

Although some of these look more like you're going to get spanked by Jesus.

Jacqusie

The 'fan logo' started life attached to a MC1 wall in prog 555 (later to be homaged by the same artist - John Higgins - when it made a come back in the 2000's)

I was known as the 'fan' logo after it was used in a small B&W advert back in the 90's - the top of a very pretty patterned logo was seen against a ladys face - hence the name.

Then again, the Jesus fans look pretty too, maybe we have a winner for the next logo!

:)

SuperSurfer

At some stage in the future Rebellion will no doubt change the 2000AD logo or masthead – when they have a logical reason to do so.

Most of us will have a soft spot for one of the older logos. I rate the original one but I don't think any of the 2000AD logos of the past will cut it. They just aren't versatile enough for what is required nowadays.

sheridan

Quote from: Jacqusie on 12 September, 2016, 12:11:20 AM
I was known as the 'fan' logo after it was used in a small B&W advert back in the 90's - the top of a very pretty patterned logo was seen against a ladys face - hence the name.
As seen at the top of the Heroes of 2000AD blog.

Hawkmumbler

I do like the current logo, so see no reason to change it particularly.

Jacqusie

Quote from: sheridan on 12 September, 2016, 02:37:43 AM
Quote from: Jacqusie on 12 September, 2016, 12:11:20 AM
As seen at the top of the Heroes of 2000AD blog.

That's it, thanks for finding it! I thought it was a smart little advert - the detail on 'the fan' was lovely as are the eyes... you won't get that with the current logo!

SuperSurfer

Quote from: Jacqusie on 12 September, 2016, 10:54:55 PM
That's it, thanks for finding it! I thought it was a smart little advert - the detail on 'the fan' was lovely as are the eyes... you won't get that with the current logo!
What are you on about? The logo in that advert looks more like the current logo than your 'fan' version.

Jacqusie

Quote from: SuperSurfer on 12 September, 2016, 11:38:33 PM
Quote from: Jacqusie on 12 September, 2016, 10:54:55 PM
What are you on about? The logo in that advert looks more like the current logo than your 'fan' version.

See the patterned fan against the ladys face in the picture below her eyes? It's the top of the logo that began with prog 555 as pictured.

The tall, elongated looping 2 and '0s - and this advert I suppose - made it known as the 'fan' logo...

Dash Decent

Same as on the spark plug, except without the fripperies decorating it.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.