Main Menu

Meg 376 - Urban Gorilla

Started by Eamonn Clarke, 18 September, 2016, 08:06:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dweezil2

Quote from: Mr Roger Godpleton II on 20 September, 2016, 07:30:19 PM
The lift scene where Anderson reports what Kay is thinking is genuinely hilarious, a classic of understated humour.

"Yup."
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Steve Green

Loved the Harry Heston story - looking forward to the next part.

Goaty

[spoiler]"Fucking Vampires!"
[/spoiler]
That got me chuckle, perfect ending to well drawn series.

JOE SOAP

Dredd casting news from 26/02/2002 -

dweezil2

Quote from: GIUSEPPE SAPONE on 21 September, 2016, 08:45:39 PM
Dredd casting news from 26/02/2002 -

je suis la loi!

I remember Reno's name being mooted at the time!  :o

Thank Grud that never happened!
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Colin YNWA

I'm torn. Should I read the Thrill Power Overload material now or save it until the book comes out?

Only read Dredd so far and have to say it was immense fun and can't wait for the next part. Really enjoyable story which looked exceptional. Jake Lynch is really devleoping into one to watch.

Mattofthespurs

Did anyone else bag one of the free Realm of the Dead t shirts being offered in the editorial in this month's Meg.
Due to a busy weekend I did not get around to reading it until Tuesday and by then I was sure that the 10 t-shirts on offer would have been snapped up by eager subscribers.
Never the less, and email was penned and a mere 2 days later the free shirt has just dropped through my letterbox! What sterling service.
A thank you email shall be forth coming.

GermanAndy

What a great cover.

Dredd: A very well done fun first part. Even if blowing Dredd away has become kind of running gag lately. Still, can't wait to read the next part.

Realm of the Damned: The magic armour does the trick? Hm. If they hadn't made Balaur so absurdly invincible it would have been more plausible, I think. Still, the ending was genuinly funny.

TPO: This was entertaining. On the history of 2000AD I have read the book, seen the DVD, and this era I have witnessed as a reader myself, so this is interesting. I have to confess that I already forgot a lot of the covered series. Or don't want to remember  ;)

Blunt: I am not sure I could follow who lived or who died, but I want to know how it will end.

Lawless: Best thing in the Meg in ages. A part of 2000AD's appeal is the diversity of artists interpretion. But Winslade has made this so much his creation that I can't imagine other artists on this. I truly hope he will continue Lawless.

Hawkmumbler

You'll be glad to know Phil Winslade has no intention of giving up the harness for LAWLESS until it's completed. He and DABnett are clearly working together like a well oiled machine!

Proudhuff

I'm Shocked! Buttman's not reporting on Dreddlines...  :(
DDT did a job on me

robert_ellis

Surely a Lawless graphic novel is imminent. The rest of the Meg is great but Lawless is amazing.

sheridan

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 20 September, 2016, 10:30:28 AM
On the initial ones, they sound like something from he-who-shall-not-be-named. Also, Silver apparently sets up Dredd and yet is still Chief in the sequel? O... K...
It did say that the two films were not related (though strange choice of CJ in both cases).

Possession also doesn't really work, overcomplicating the original Death strip but without really adding anything. (If you wanted to do a straight take on a Dredd strip with Death, use the basis for the original and then all four of the buggers coming back for the final act.)
Death did possess Anderson in his first appearance though.  Glad neither of those films got made, how lucky we were, though we had to wait for it.

sheridan

IndigoPrime

Quote from: sheridan on 22 September, 2016, 09:51:21 PMIt did say that the two films were not related (though strange choice of CJ in both cases).
Really? But if you release two Dredd movies, people are going to think they are. And the plan was back-to-back filming. So that makes no sense.

QuoteDeath did possess Anderson in his first appearance though.
Yeah, but only briefly, and not in the crappy way outlined in that synopsis.