Main Menu

Anyone need anything straightened?

Started by I, Cosh, 20 September, 2016, 08:07:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 21 September, 2016, 01:38:56 PM
He sounds like a delight. :lol:

Well, he's got twice as many followers as me, and I've been on a Twitter a year longer, so I'm clearly Doing It Wrong™.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Dandontdare

aw, he was okay. He was on the original Hell-Trek to Inverness for Hi-Ex 2010 and we had a great time. He did have, shall we say, one or two anger management issues (not at the con but generally from his posts).

IIRC he was banned when he proposed continuing an online argument in a more, umm,  physical manner at the next con.

Actually it may have been Jim that he was arguing with, now I come to think about it!

Proudhuff

I'm sooo glad I don't tweet or whatever its called  :D
Wasn't Roger G on that Helltrek too?
DDT did a job on me

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Dandontdare on 21 September, 2016, 02:10:10 PM
Actually it may have been Jim that he was arguing with, now I come to think about it!

Not guilty! I've only ever been threatened once on here, and it wasn't by Peter, with whom I maintained an oddly-cordial relationship.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Proudhuff

Helltrek 2012:

They ended up eating Gavin somewhere in the wilds of Calhab after the wheels fell off.
DDT did a job on me

Dandontdare

Quote from: Proudhuff on 21 September, 2016, 02:23:20 PM
Wasn't Roger G on that Helltrek too?

Indeed - and he couldn't have been more different than his online persona - young, quiet and shy, very nice chap.

TordelBack

Yeah, 'Roger' was always a complete gent in any off-forum interactions I had with him.  I know his abrasive online affectations annoyed many here, but personally I loved his nihilist saboteur schtick.  And the Wolf has some bizarre politics-which-are-not-mine, but he was always a very decent bloke at heart.  And a Bellardinelli fan of his magnitude gets all sorts of free passes from me.

Dog Deever

I spoke to Rog a fair bit on the Wednesday Night Chat way back. He was a good egg and, like _Krustabi_, I rather enjoyed his sense humour.
Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

Proudhuff

My enduring memory of Rog at Hi-EX was him spotting Dode and I in the street and him turning tail and running away...  :D

Dear Grud, we're not that scary are we...?
DDT did a job on me

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Proudhuff on 22 September, 2016, 07:51:29 PM
My enduring memory of Rog at Hi-EX was him spotting Dode and I in the street and him turning tail and running away...  :D

Dear Grud, we're not that scary are we...?
Not sure, i'll tell you when I see you at Thought Bubble.

'Soon...veeery sooon....'

Tjm86

Quote from: Spikes on 20 September, 2016, 10:40:30 PM
Wow, there's some crazy-shit threads floating around in the bowels of the forum isn't there. Wonder what else is lurking....

IIRC it's not a good idea to ask for iPod technical advice unless you have a penchant for cheese.

Proudhuff

Quote from: Tjm86 on 22 September, 2016, 08:03:56 PM
Wow, there's some crazy-shit threads floating around in the bowels of the forum isn't there. Wonder what else is lurking....

IIRC it's not a good idea to ask for iPod technical advice unless you have a penchant for cheese.

And somewhere to stick it..,.
DDT did a job on me

Dog Deever

Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

Dandontdare

Quote from: Tjm86 on 22 September, 2016, 08:03:56 PM

... and slugs are not interchangeable with toilet paper

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Quote from: Dog Deever on 21 September, 2016, 05:31:14 PM
I spoke to Rog a fair bit on the Wednesday Night Chat way back. He was a good egg and, like _Krustabi_, I rather enjoyed his sense humour.

I miss the Wednesday Night chatroom. Godpleton was wont to give live commentary on whatever show he was watching at the time and it was always quality entertainment.

IT IS MARCH 2012
You may quote me on that.