Main Menu

2000AD 40th Anniversary - 11th Feb 2017 - London

Started by COMMANDO FORCES, 23 September, 2016, 06:35:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dunk!

Quote from: Satanist on 20 February, 2017, 05:50:44 PM
I went out for about an hour and was told "Fuck off you bastard!" by an old piss-head (not Proudhuff). So I did ,straight back to the safety of the hotel bar.

Yeah, sorry about that.

Dunk!
"Trust we"

Dog Deever

I went out for about an hour and was told "Fuck off you bastard!" by an old piss-head (not Proudhuff). So I did ,straight back to the safety of the hotel bar.

I'd have thought that was common parlance in Glasgow...

Looks like a grand time was had by all, with the exception of some bar shenanigans.
Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

Proudhuff

Quote from: Steve Green on 20 February, 2017, 05:42:47 PM
Maybe most of their residents go out, and they're just not used to hundreds of lazy nerds drinking the place dry.

Was that the guy who suggested  his hair and yours would make one headfull?
DDT did a job on me

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: dancornwell on 20 February, 2017, 10:52:15 AM
Had a good chat with Jim out in the smoking zone, a great guy! ''Twas very cold but the alcohol warmed me up. Great to meet you at last Jim and everyone else.

I must belatedly apologise for detaining you in arctic chill of the smoking area! The reasons were twofold:

1) I don't officially smoke any more so I was making the most of it!

2) I'd had quite enough to drink and was attempting to pace myself by staying away from the bar...

Plummeting temperatures and intermittent snow notwithstanding, it was good talking to you (and everyone else, for that matter).
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Molch-R

Molch-R

The writers' panel with Rob Williams, Al Ewing, and Emma Beeby has now gone live: http://www.2000adonline.com/post/1480

Molch-R

No Sláine No Gain with Simon Bisley, Glenn Fabry, Clint Langley and Simon Davis is now live: http://www.2000adonline.com/post/1501

ming

Thanks for getting all these out there; much appreciated!  I only caught one talk on the day so it's fantastic to catch up on the stuff I missed seeing first-hand.

Buttonman

My Tripadvispr review of the hotel got a response from the management - not sure he knows what 2000ad is but he does concede some bar mismanagement.

Pete Wells

Quote from: Dash Decent on 20 February, 2017, 11:11:37 AM
Quote from: Proudhuff on 18 February, 2017, 01:57:01 PM

Jim Campbell is a nice man shock!

Is that Cuddly Pete Wells there with Jim?

Don't believe a word of it. Jim has me in a headlock there and is telling me what he will do to me and my family if I keep on putting the crossbars on the letter 'I' in my amazing artwork. Look at the fear in my eyes!

I still wake up screaming.

Dash Decent

Too late!  Jim's already updated his avatar from "Ageing Goth" to "Free Hugs".
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Link Prime

I never met Pete before that evening, but got a similar welcoming man-hug from him.
Who would have thought he'd be such a nice guy!  ::)

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Pete Wells on 01 March, 2017, 11:15:10 PM
Don't believe a word of it. Jim has me in a headlock there and is telling me what he will do to me and my family if I keep on putting the crossbars on the letter 'I' in my amazing artwork. Look at the fear in my eyes!

And don't you forget it, y'gobshite!
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Dandontdare

Just noticed Durham Red in the background of that pic!

Molch-R

Kicking It Old School with Ian Kennedy, Jesus Redondo, and John Higgins is now up online https://youtu.be/BQbUc_Rc3PA I was otherwise engaged but now aghast to see empty seats for a panel featuring such an incredible line-up!!