Main Menu

Best dinner party ever

Started by YakuzaFingerChop, 30 September, 2016, 07:30:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YakuzaFingerChop

Me and some mates played this last night so I thought I'd bring it here and try it.

Rules are simple. You can invite any 5 people from any point in time, dead or alive, must be real though. Who would you invite to the best dinner party ever?

PsychoGoatee

4 of my best friends, and Lemmy.  :)

YakuzaFingerChop

Quote from: PsychoGoatee on 01 October, 2016, 02:39:38 AM
4 of my best friends, and Lemmy.  :)

Annnd we have a winner!

My line up was

-Prof. Brian Cox
-Terry Pratchett
-Alan Moore
-Carl Sagan
-Roald Dahl

Because I'm a big nerd.

Grugz

wife
daughter
late granddad
late grandma
mum in law

simply cos I miss my granparents dearly and they never got to see my daughter.
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

JayzusB.Christ

Excluding Grugz's idea of past family members, which is clearly the correct one:

Jesus (not that I'm religious; I'd just like to pick his brains a bit to see what he's really all about).
Mohammad (ditto).
Alan Moore (to lighten things up a bit).
Chris Morris (to darken things down a bit).
Tony Blair (to ask why, why, why and possibly get the straight answer you wouldn't get from Bush).

And Donald Trump, so I could build a gated wall in advance and not let him through as he's not from my country.

I'd probably spend most of the evening hanging round with Alan and Chris to be honest.  And obvoiusly there'd have to be some kind of Douglas Adams babelfishes for the two prophets.

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

YakuzaFingerChop

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 01 October, 2016, 01:55:00 PM
Jesus (not that I'm religious; I'd just like to pick his brains a bit to see what he's really all about).
Mohammad (ditto).

One of my mates picked Jesus, until it was pointed out that you wouldn't actually be able to understand the lingo. That and the modern world would probably scare him to death. (better than crucifixion I suppose...)

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: YakuzaFingerChop on 01 October, 2016, 06:14:19 PM
Mohammad (ditto).

One of my mates picked Jesus, until it was pointed out that you wouldn't actually be able to understand the lingo.

Hence my Hitchhiker's Guie babelfish suggestion. But yeah, not sure he'd enjoy looking at a future he played a major role in creating.  And he definitely wouldn't appreciate all the statues and paintings of him dying a violent death.  At least Mohammad wouldn't have that problem (as long as you steered him away from Christian extremist websites).
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

TordelBack

Alan Moore (obviously)
Tim Robinson (Cartographer, chronicler of place, polymath and my idol)
Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley (author, radical)
Richard Francis Burton (Explorer, Cunning Linguist)
Richard Feynman (genius, raconteur, bongos)

I'd love to have Ella Fitzgerald over too, but apparently i'm short on chairs? Insteas I've tried to stick to different parts of a theme: explorers of places real, abstract, imaginary and conceptual. All authors too, oddly.  It's going to be great.

AlexF

Jane Austen
Alexander von Humboldt
Paul Verhoeven
Tina Fey
Pat Mills (hey, no one said it had to be a quiet dinner party)

JamesC

I don't like dinner parties, they're shit. But I'd like to go to Alton Towers with Alan Moore and Floella Benjammin.

NapalmKev

God, Allah and Yaweh. I'd sit them down and ask them why their books are so vague they have thousands of different meanings. I'd also have Bodger and Badger, throwing mash potato about with gay abandon! And the Hulk, for when the conversation gets out of hand and everyone (myself included) needs a slap!

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

sheridan

Excluding Grugz's idea of past family members, which is clearly the correct one:

Mohammad (ditto).
Alan Moore (to lighten things up a bit).
Chris Morris (to darken things down a bit).
Tony Blair (to ask why, why, why and possibly get the straight answer you wouldn't get from Bush).
I'm not sure that Alan Moore would be that light if he's around a table with Blair, Jesus and Mohammed...

Rackle

Loving the idea of Bodger and Badger being at the table - would have to be some posh mash for a dinner party, wouldn't it?  :lol:

I'd like to invite:

Sir Patrick Moore - not only to discuss astronomy, but to learn all the hacks for old computer games as the games master.

Tregard from Knightmare as I bet he'd be entertaining

Christopher Lee as he amazes me with his life experiences, as a former part of special forces, as an actor (Dracula, Saruman the White, Lord Summerilse, Count Dooku) and his music

Lemmy Kilmister as he was my introduction to Heavy Metal and my hero

and finally Nina Hagen as she is another hero of mine who does her own thing with such oomph (and she sang with Oomph! the band once)

Dudley

Muhammed Ali for the wit
Angela Carter for the imagination
Dorothy Parker for the cynicism
Geronimo for the strength of will
Jane Austen to lightly rib the others

ZenArcade

Freeman Dyson
George Orwell
Oscar Wilde
Leonardo DaVinci
Iain M Banks