Main Menu

Playing Dark Souls 3 without having played 1, 2?

Started by Apestrife, 16 October, 2016, 07:20:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Apestrife

Finished playing Bloodborne the other day, and feel I'd like a go at a familiar game. So why not one of the Dark souls games, or Demon souls?

I'm mostly aiming towards Dark souls 3. Having heard that it's fighting system is the best one yet, and graphically it looks outstanding.

That a good idea, or should I start with 1?

1 seems quite slower than 3. How does the difficulty level compare? Something else that differentiates them?

Grugz

I imagine its still as bloody hard! I only ever got as far as the big demon on a bridge,twice on the first one...I cant remember if it is 3 that eventually stops respawning monsters in an area giving you some slight chance of getting further.
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

I, Cosh

I've not played DS3 yet myself but if you've finished Bloodborne then you're not going to have too many problems.

There's not any pressing reason to play the others before jumping into 3 other than that they're really good. DS2 is my favourite because I played it first but I'm sure your mileage may vary.

Quote from: Grugz on 18 October, 2016, 03:56:09 PM
I imagine its still as bloody hard! I only ever got as far as the big demon on a bridge,twice on the first one...I cant remember if it is 3 that eventually stops respawning monsters in an area giving you some slight chance of getting further.
That's 2.
We never really die.

Apestrife

The local game shop guy couldn't stop talking about it, so I gave in.

Really hope they'll release some sort of Souls-collection on next gen someday. I quite prefer the PS4 controller over the ps3 one.

The Enigmatic Dr X

Lock up your spoons!

Apestrife

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 20 October, 2016, 09:15:53 PM
Just ordered Bloodborne GOTY. I am scared.

Took a while for me to get around, getting anywhere. Helped having a couple of hours just to try out different weapons and such. Getting used to my cane/whip, as well as accepting the fact that I couldn't kill everything on the get go.

Also. You need to find a boss before you can level up. Which gains you a so called "insight". Without it, you can't level up at the hunter's dream.

Hard but fair game. Love it. Looking forward to playing it again someday. Hoping for a similar experience with Dark Souls III :)

Satanist

I've got the platinum trophy for this and it wasn't that hard. The dlc on the other hand  :'(

BB is fantastic though and I'd rate it as best game I've played in years.

I'm at the end of DS3 just waiting on the DLC , it is super similar to BB though so truth be told I'd choose BB over DS3.

If anyone needs help then just call SpartacusHughes via PS4 and I will step in as Sunbro for you. Or I can ask my 11 year old son who is now on his umpteenth run through of DS1 trying for a no death run  :lol:
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: Satanist on 24 October, 2016, 06:03:49 PM

I've got the platinum trophy for this and it wasn't that hard. The dlc on the other hand  :'(

BB is fantastic though and I'd rate it as best game I've played in years.

I'm at the end of DS3 just waiting on the DLC , it is super similar to BB though so truth be told I'd choose BB over DS3.

If anyone needs help then just call SpartacusHughes via PS4 and I will step in as Sunbro for you. Or I can ask my 11 year old son who is now on his umpteenth run through of DS1 trying for a no death run  :lol:

Collected this from Tesco. It'll end up a Christmas present, though; I'm still off any new games for the year, but the price was too good.

It better be good, you toast-dunking freak.
Lock up your spoons!

Satanist

Got the DLC for this and booted it up for the first time in 6 months. A bit rusty and scared as its all new enemies so unsure how powerful they are until its to late. Enjoying not knowing where to go or what to expect all over again though.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Grugz

Quote from: I, Cosh on 18 October, 2016, 04:32:50 PM
I've not played DS3 yet myself but if you've finished Bloodborne then you're not going to have too many problems.

There's not any pressing reason to play the others before jumping into 3 other than that they're really good. DS2 is my favourite because I played it first but I'm sure your mileage may vary.

Quote from: Grugz on 18 October, 2016, 03:56:09 PM
That's 2.

cheers, that has inspred me to maybe try 2!
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html