Main Menu

The Smiling Dredd archive

Started by JayzusB.Christ, 19 October, 2016, 12:02:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayzusB.Christ

See, he's not always stoney-faced.  (Although the first one didn't really happen, and the second one is only a smile because the caption tells us it is.)

Were there ever any other ones?

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Dash Decent

I can't recall Dredd's expression at the end of "Curse of the Werewolf", but I do remember the others groaning at his pun.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

morpheas

von Boom

TordelBack

Quote from: morpheas on 19 October, 2016, 02:29:07 PM
Where is the second from?

'Twister', prog 588, the last B&W page before the Full Colour Dredd era, I believe!

morpheas

Quote from: TordelBack on 19 October, 2016, 03:42:08 PM
Quote from: morpheas on 19 October, 2016, 02:29:07 PM
Where is the second from?

'Twister', prog 588, the last B&W page before the Full Colour Dredd era, I believe!

Yes it's Twister - last page. Impressive :D

Thank you.

Steven Sterlacchini

Probably doesn't count as it's part of a private commission, rather than published, but it is a Mick McMahon one.  ;)

james newell

TordelBack

Looks like we need a Perving Dredd Archive too! I suppose this is what happens when you're based on Harry Callaghan...

Dash Decent

I hope Dredd's tropical uniform comes with enormous hoop-legged shorts like Vyvyan wore in the last episode of The Young Ones.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: von Boom on 19 October, 2016, 02:31:44 PM
Here's an article about some Dredd smiles.

http://www.comicbooknews.co.uk/article/the-smiles-of-dredd.html

Great stuff!  Mind you, I always thought it was a bloke who got powers from the gods in the Grant /Fabry one, not a woman.

And I seem to remember a hint of a smile on Dredd's face when he first contemplated the tight boots option.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

morpheas

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 20 October, 2016, 11:38:11 AM

Great stuff!  Mind you, I always thought it was a bloke who got powers from the gods in the Grant /Fabry one, not a woman.

It IS indeed a man.

And I seem to remember a hint of a smile on Dredd's face when he first contemplated the tight boots option.

Screenshot, or it didn't happen. ;)

I found an other one, from Prog 1892

sheridan

Quote from: morpheas on 20 October, 2016, 02:59:19 PM
Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 20 October, 2016, 11:38:11 AM

Screenshot, or it didn't happen. ;)

There was a letter in the Nerve Centre about it as well.  I think that was when I first became aware that Joe didn't smile as a rule (I'd only been reading the progs for about half a year at the time).

maryanddavid