Main Menu

Nintendo Switch

Started by radiator, 20 October, 2016, 04:48:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandman1

Quote from: dweezil2 on 24 January, 2017, 11:44:44 PMA remastered Dredd Vs Death on consoles would be nice.

I would much rather take a new, high budgeted action game with RPG elements and open level design. I think that such a project has much potential to be really great. 

Quote from: dweezil2 on 24 January, 2017, 11:44:44 PMRumour is there will be a video game announcement at the 40th bash!  :)

I hope it's not a mobile game. 

Error...

dweezil2

Quote from: Sandman1 on 07 February, 2017, 04:27:50 PM
Quote from: dweezil2 on 24 January, 2017, 11:44:44 PMA remastered Dredd Vs Death on consoles would be nice.

I would much rather take a new, high budgeted action game with RPG elements and open level design. I think that such a project has much potential to be really great. 

Quote from: dweezil2 on 24 January, 2017, 11:44:44 PMRumour is there will be a video game announcement at the 40th bash!  :)

Oh yeah, I'd much rather have a new sandbox/open world game, but you know, money?

Hope it's somethingbother than a mobile game too!

A movie announcementbwould be even better!

At this stage, I'd settle for an Urban, Thirlby voiced video game sequel to Dredd!  :)
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Tiplodocus

The more I read about Switch, The more I'm convinced that it's the ideal console for me. But are there enough of me out there to make it survive in the PS XBOX Space Marine one market?
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Sandman1

Quote from: dweezil2 on 07 February, 2017, 04:57:48 PMOh yeah, I'd much rather have a new sandbox/open world game, but you know, money?

At this stage, I'd settle for an Urban, Thirlby voiced video game sequel to Dredd!  :)

You could probably attract a few big publishers if the project has enough potential. Dredd hasn't reached great success on the film screen, but I'm confident that he would perform better in a game or TV series.
Error...

Keef Monkey

Quote from: dweezil2 on 07 February, 2017, 04:57:48 PM
Quote from: Sandman1 on 07 February, 2017, 04:27:50 PM

Oh yeah, I'd much rather have a new sandbox/open world game, but you know, money?

Hope it's somethingbother than a mobile game too!

If there is ever another Dredd game (and I really hope there is) then it'd be fantastic if they could get Urban and Thirlby in there. I remember playing through The Punisher and loving the fact they had Tom Jane voicing him, really took it to another level because I'd loved him in the movie.

Would imagine a Dredd game that fitted the tone and setting of the movie would be very cool, and would probably draw a big audience who want more of that.

The Enigmatic Dr X

Lock up your spoons!

Tiplodocus

Reckon we'll need two. One for me and one for (not so) Tiny Tips. I mean, what if he has it out of the house when I want to play (and vice-versa)?

Sandman1

Was there any announcement during the celebration this weekend?
Error...

Keef Monkey

Quote from: Sandman1 on 13 February, 2017, 11:11:24 PM
Was there any announcement during the celebration this weekend?

I wasn't there, but did see this being reported - https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2017/02/13/rebellion-2000ad-dredd-licenses/

Basically bad news is Rebellion aren't making any 2000AD games, good news is they're now open to letting other people make them. Might lead to cool things.

JamesC

I'd imagine it's more likely they'd be licensed for mobile games, pinball sims etc rather than for high budget projects though.
Not necessarily a bad thing. I'd quite like to see some kind of 2000ad themed CCG on the app store. Maybe a Dredd themed world builder too (you could build up MC1 after the atomic wars, gain funding for Justice Department and the try to guide the city through the various mega-epic disasters or something). 

Sandman1

Quote from: Keef Monkey on 14 February, 2017, 02:09:15 PMI wasn't there, but did see this being reported - https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2017/02/13/rebellion-2000ad-dredd-licenses/

Basically bad news is Rebellion aren't making any 2000AD games, good news is they're now open to letting other people make them. Might lead to cool things.

I really hope that a publisher picks up the Dredd license and makes something proper out of it.
Error...

Link Prime

Email from Game.co.uk this morning- the pre-order is preparing for shipping. 

The blind panic to finish The Witcher III before the weekend has begun.

James Stacey

Quote from: Link Prime on 28 February, 2017, 11:03:50 AM
Email from Game.co.uk this morning- the pre-order is preparing for shipping. 

The blind panic to finish The Witcher III before the weekend has begun.
I'm desperately working my way through Blood and Wine :D

radiator

Now, this is more like it! Exactly the kind of games I was hoping for from the Switch.

Why they didn't show all of these at the reveal event is beyond me...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-mFODSa2VM

Tiplodocus

Yeah, some cracking stuff in that NINDIES video.

I was particular taken by WARGROOVE which looks EXACTLY like a mash-up between Advance Wars and Fire Emblem.  Which is cool because I took to playing Fire Emblem because there hadn't been an Advance Wars game in an absolute age.

Of course, what I really want is a mash-up between ADVANCE WARS and REBEL STAR COMMAND.

(There was a reasonable Tom Clancy game on the 3DS that was a bit like Rebel Star Command but not quite close enough)