Main Menu

Prog 2004: Road Dogs!

Started by Richard, 22 October, 2016, 12:45:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BPP

This post-Prog 2000 run is just golden. 5 top art droids delivering different styles and all producing superb stuff, strong stories mixing old characters and new, top notch covers...

Hardly a need for a weekly review, just weekly praise.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

Richard

Has nobody got prog 2005 yet?!

Leigh S

Quote from: Richard on 29 October, 2016, 10:54:47 PM

They are all too busy reading Roy of the Rovers and Dreamer!  :P

hippynumber1

Twice now, since the new people took over, that I haven't received my prog on a Saturday. Coincidence? Maybe...  :'(

Colin YNWA

N
No I've not.Even more interesting to me is the fact we've managed to stay Prog Thread free. Long may it continue until someone has actually read it... well I hope its not long until someone has read it but I hope you get my meaning.

GordonR

Contributor droid copies arrived bright and early yesterday.

dweezil2

Quote from: GordonR on 30 October, 2016, 09:09:36 AM
Contributor droid copies arrived bright and early yesterday.

There's your opportunity to start the thread Gordon!!!! :)
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Cyber-Matt

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 30 October, 2016, 01:44:45 AM

Twice now, since the new people took over, that I haven't received my prog on a Saturday. Coincidence? Maybe...  :'(

There are no 'new people' with regards to subs. Subs copies are delivered direct from the printer, the same way they have done for the last 2-3 years - usually sent out Thursday for Saturday delivery. For some reason Prog 2005 went out on Friday so should arrive Monday.

Richard

ZenArcade

Cover: Mark Harrison at his usual high standard, exploding from the page seems the only apt description.

Dredd: Rob Williams and Henry Flint back together to continue the Titan - Enceladus oddessy.  The City being attacked by Ice ghost Judges last year felt to me like an anti-climax after the Titan story and the Nixon on Enceladus travail.  I suppose I'm a bit jaded with existential threats to the City mega epics.  I hope this proves to be a throwback to the latter part of this story arc.

Savage: Art: great; story: meh! Aren't those the bikes out of Terminator Salvation?

Hunted: Pick of the week.  This is consistently top level story telling, with art to die for.  The twist in the Traitor General's motivation seems more like the delusions of a megalomaniac, but it has me well gripped.

Flesh: Good readable sci fi with well above par artwork.

Counterfeit Girl:  I'm engaging really well with this....love Milligan's return to the prog and Dayglo's work is a treat to look at.

Again a good solid prog: Hunted is really doing it for this Squax; Dredd and Counterfeit Girl are strong stories as well.  Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

hippynumber1

Quote from: Cyber-Matt on 30 October, 2016, 10:40:02 PM

There are no 'new people' with regards to subs. Subs copies are delivered direct from the printer, the same way they have done for the last 2-3 years - usually sent out Thursday for Saturday delivery. For some reason Prog 2005 went out on Friday so should arrive Monday.

My mistake; apologies and thanks for clearing that up.

Tiplodocus

Don't know if it is different in the digital copy but the cover doesn't quite work for me.   It's an unfamiliar complicated shape for the Straw Dogs imposed against a big splodey thing. So it doesn't work for me.

DREDD was great - Flint's layouts look grand - especially the introduction of DREDD. It's a badge. It's a chin.  No need for a big splash when two tiny panels can distill nearly 40 years of strip.

HUNTED was good fun too.

Aw heck, it all was... I'm even warming to Langley's art in FLESH, it is fun zooming in on the detail on my tablet.

Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Proudhuff

I think Vector 13 are back!!!  :o
DDT did a job on me

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Proudhuff on 02 November, 2016, 02:56:20 PM

I think Vector 13 are back!!!  :o
Did you not read Prog 2000? We where warned!