Main Menu

Prog 2005 - The Claw at War!

Started by Eamonn Clarke, 30 October, 2016, 10:22:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

user2000

Quote from: JUDGE BURNS on 03 November, 2016, 09:28:39 PM
Its Thursday and STILL NO PROG here in Ayrshire sector of CAL-HAB DISTRICT !!!   Contacted tharg and got a reply, but I shall wait to see if it arrives tomorrow, before I call the subs dept.

Any other Ayrshire subscribers not receiving their weekly thrill power on a regular date?

Nothing for me either.

After two straight weeks of good old Saturday progs I just bought this weeks in Smiths yesterday.  Again.

Even though I understand the printers sent this one late I don't think I'll bother subbing next year (and I have *JUST* renewed as well), getting it early is a big draw for me and I've had about a 15-20% hit rate on Saturdays this year...

Not to mention ripped pages on progs, folded over bits etc, I've stopped moaning about it to subs unless it's overly bad - maybe I'm just particularly unlucky, but I was always one for picking my comics from the middle of the newsagent shelf when I was younger (and when the stock level was more than 2 copies).

:'(

user2000

Well, the Prog finally arrived this morning, 2 days after the shops.

Maybe Prog 2006 will arrive tomorrow to cheer me up.

Banners

I'd be willing to pay more for First Class—I don't know if Rebellion would consider that?

IndigoPrime

Do many people find their Prog arrives late, then? For me, it used to be almost always here on Saturday, occasionally on Monday and vanishingly rarely thereafter. More recently, there's been a shift to more Monday Progs, but I'd say about 75 per cent still arrive on Saturday.

user2000

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 04 November, 2016, 01:26:45 PM
Do many people find their Prog arrives late, then? For me, it used to be almost always here on Saturday, occasionally on Monday and vanishingly rarely thereafter. More recently, there's been a shift to more Monday Progs, but I'd say about 75 per cent still arrive on Saturday.

I think there is a definite problem around my way with the post in general, to do with the local "big" sorting office in Kilmarnock, or maybe up the line at Glasgow.

I know 2nd class is not a guaranteed service, but they do say it should be within 2 or 3 working days - the Royal Mail say that 98% of 2nd class items should be delivered within 3 working days.

Obviously 2% on millions of items is actually quite a lot, but I'm getting sick of it - wish I had bought some shares when they were going so I could have a right old moan, but I might get my complaining hat on for some "official complaint" emailing as it's getting right on my wick now.  Even first class stuff cannot be relied on to come the next day.  They must be missing whatever targets they have on that up here too.

Case in point - my boy ordered some stuff from "Magic Madhouse", with free 2nd class delivery - I got the email to say they posted it Tuesday morning - was it here today - no, of course not, so that's that 98% target failed right away.

And if the prog was posted from the printers on Monday and only arrived here this morning (Friday) then it doesn't take a genius to work out that's another missed target.

I'd say Monday or Tuesday is my regular prog day now.  I may as well buy it in the shops and choose my own pristine copy, or go digital next year.

Buttonman

Mine finally came today - 6 days later than expected. I was so angry that I immediately ripped it up and set it alight!*

* This was after I established that there was no letters page again!

The Enigmatic Dr X

I'm hoping for two progs tomorrow. Blub.
Lock up your spoons!

Colin YNWA

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 04 November, 2016, 01:26:45 PM

I'd pretty much say that's the pattern I've had, though to be fair the Monday Progs have started to dry up again over the last few months. Given the reasons stated I'm hoping this week is just a blip.

Jacqusie

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 04 November, 2016, 07:51:11 PM
I'm hoping for two progs tomorrow. Blub.

I'm hoping prog 2005 comes tomorrow. Then prog 2006 is late say about... 3w days so I get it on Wednesday (Nice to join non-subscribers for that spoiler evading experience)

Then if prog 2007 can get here before Xmas, that will be smashing. The 40th Birthday prog, I'm expecting in 2117...

Life's much easier without expectations!

:thumbsup:

JUDGE BURNS

prog 2005 arrived 6 days late for me as well...I wasn't holding my breath for 2006 to show up today. The Saturday deliveries are very rare now. usually Monday /Tuesday now.  :-(

Jacqusie

Well my original copy of prog 2005 finally arrived today!

...alongside the replacement copy the subs droid sent on Tuesday... always the way, sods law...

I've been waiting with baited breath to find out who lives and who dies in Flesh, after all the cover promises much!

This starts off with some gripping narrative "Sorry Vegas, but you gotta die" ... wow! thems fightin' words, there's sure gonna be a real big fight and one of thems gonna get it!

...oh, wait, hang on... they have a chat and... that's not what I expected from a Pat Mills cliffhanger, big front cover build up towards death and destruction and then...nothing happens... well they sure fooled me again, I didn't see that coming at all!

The Mills "Cliffhanger/Next week nothing!" formulae is not only prone to the ABC Warriors and Slaine it seems.

Still I'm still hoping that the big lummox Gorehead is involved again in a similar cliffhanger, front page build up, I can't wait to see if he lives or dies too! (again...) :)