Main Menu

Prog 2006 - Stealth Fighter.

Started by Mattofthespurs, 05 November, 2016, 10:52:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Starkers

Quote from: Tjm86 on 06 November, 2016, 08:05:35 AM
Flint is definitely on form with the current storyline.  I'm also loving the muted / faded colouring.  I'm assuming that it was deliberate mind.  This is quickly wrapped with the obvious teaser of more (The End? yeah, right)  That said, I'm with those who are growing a little weary of the old conspiracy theory storylines.  I know Justice Dept is a very pale shadow of its former glory but all the same, it is a becoming a bit of a worn thread now.

I agree, especially when it isn't that long ago they did the Sector Zero (was that what it was called?) tale of the secret Justice dept. within the Justice dept. Unless this, that and Trifecta are all linked, but the "You aren't willing to do the tough stuff to save the City, Dredd" shtick is a little tiring now, especially given all the hard core things Dredd has done to protect the City over the year.

I've still enjoyed this story though, and I really like Judge Sam.

Rest of the Prog was decent enough. I am enjoying Counterfeit Girl, and that was an intriguing twist, but now someone else mentioned it it is painfully obvious that they explain what's going on at the start of every episode!

Rogue Trooper is good, but does suffer from that curse of prequels in that we know who's likely to die (bounty hunter guy, Dron, the doctor, any other Nort with Atalia) and who'll definitely survive (Rogue, Atalia, TG). always nice to have Rogue back though.

Flesh is ok. Savage too, though not more flipping song lyrics!   

Goaty

Dredd story was good this week but does it looks like they missing few pages, from page with [spoiler]Smiley[/spoiler] then next page with [spoiler]assassins[/spoiler]?

Goaty

Also Reagan like tall blonde men... so should see those clues in early Fresh stories!

ZenArcade

Lol, thanks for the gentle dirty Tordel.  No need for a temporary digital, IP, nit with wi fi coverage down here. I'd be back in Belfast before it loaded.  My younger brother might grab me one in Newry and bring it up. I hope. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

ZenArcade

Funny enough, I took progs 950 - 2005 down home to re-read. The Sector Zero thing confuses me now as it did then.  What did Badger and his Sector Zero Judges do for 50 years....sit around with their cocks in their hands? Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Trout

Kind of pleased to see at least some of this thread return to discussion of the comic, instead of criticism of the Royal Mail.

I was hoping for a full resolution of the Dredd story, which the cover seemed to promise, but it's still great stuff. Rogue Trooper still edges past as Best in Prog, IMO, but I'm happy to see RW confirming he will stick with Dredd. I'd like to see more of this story.

Cheers

- Trout

Trent

Personally more than happy that Dredd was unresolved. The story was way too short at 3 meagre episodes and the promise of more Williams and Flint makes me very happy.
We even get Dirty Frank cameos among others.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Trout on 11 November, 2016, 06:40:31 PM
Kind of pleased to see at least some of this thread return to discussion of the comic, instead of criticism of the Royal Mail.

Really? I thought this was the future: every prog review thread a day-by-day report from the Squaxx on the non-arrival of their subs.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Trent

Goaty

Quote from: Trout on 11 November, 2016, 06:40:31 PM

Agree

Frank

We've now had more posts complaining about posts than there were posts! 1/6 posts on this thread are posts complaining about other posts - which I obviously think is GREAT, otherwise this would be another post complaining about posts.

Anyone else think Bill Savage has gone round the bend, and that all the dog motorbikes and bumping into old ladies with shopping trolleys who turn out to be spymasters are part of the same psychosis that's making him murder Marzes.*

He's been totally Tonto since his wife and kid were run over by a delivery van with a licence plate ending in VLG. Everything since has been a delusion, and the series will end with him in a rubber room, wearing a jacket that fastens up the back.

* As is my understanding of the series title.

Trent

Looking forward to the new 'My prog hasn't turned up again' thread in tomorrow.

Frank

So is Smiley the villain? That would certainly provide some answers to all those questions posed in the aftermath of Trifecta, about why he allowed chaos to reign during his twenty years in hiding.

Smiley didn't kill Bachman to save Hershey, he did it to stop her talking.

A.Cow

Quote from: Frank on 12 November, 2016, 06:19:31 PM
So is Smiley the villain?

The way I read it, Dredd & pals went along with him initially but they've since grown unhappy with his methods and are now in direct conflict with him.