Main Menu

Power of the Daleks

Started by Daveycandlish, 08 November, 2016, 10:33:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daveycandlish

Can't believe no-one has posted about this yet!

BBC Store have been releasing episodes of the first Patrick Troughton story to buy on a daily basis prior to its' release on DVD in time for Christmas. It's an animated version of a lost story using the original soundtrack.
I've only seen the first episode so far but I think, for the most part, this works rather well. A little static in places but certainly better than the Ice Warriors animated episodes.
I think the best story to have cartoon recreations was the Cosgrove Hall animated Invasion and this is pretty close to that.

Anybody else seen it?
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Andy B

No, but only because I'm in the US, so the BBC Store doesn't want my money...

But very much looking forward to seeing it at the weekend. Agree that the Invasion is the best yet, but check out the Moonbase if you haven't already: also pretty good. The fairly primitive style of animation somehow really suits the atmosphere of these old stories: if it was more sophisticated it would almost look too slick alongside the surviving episodes, and be jarring.

Let's hope they do more!

Mattofthespurs

I've got it but it's in a long queue to be watched...Still, I've waited this long...