Main Menu

PARAGON annual 2017

Started by Daveycandlish, 08 November, 2016, 10:52:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daveycandlish

For the last few years I've been producing a hardback annual for Christmas as well as the regular issues of my action adventure anthology PARAGON over the year - and they've been absolute stonkers!

A brilliant mix of text stories, new tales featuring all the regular characters and reprints. Just like annuals from my youth.

So if you want to read more about Jikan, the time-travelling demon hunter or the adventures of Ganesh, the elephant headed Hindu God, or Captain Winston Bulldog, the anthropomorphic protector of the skies above Blighty, or Spencer Nero - the British agent who finds unearthly strength when he dons the Janus mask and this annual also sees the return of Icarus Dangerous - the boy from ancient Greece who flew to close to the sun and fell to earth when his wings melted - only to be rescued by aliens!

More details to be revealed very soon, but in the meantime here's the cover

Can you spot the influences?  ;)
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Daveycandlish

Available NOW from

http://www.lulu.com/content/paperback-book/paragon-annual-2017-%28softback%29/20075171

for only £2.99 + p&p!

Also available as an old school hardback annual for those with money to burn

http://www.lulu.com/shop/paragon-comic/paragon-annual-2017/hardcover/product-22974276.html

Personally, I love the old school feel of a hardback book to read at Christmas whilst stuffing my face with Quality Street but the softback version has all the thrills for a fraction of the price.

If you've read PARAGON before you know it's quality. Buy one now in time for Christmas  :) :) :)

(I'll post preview art but I'm knackered after working at this all day so that'll be tomorrow)

An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Daveycandlish

SPENCER NERO finds himself in a bit of trouble in The Hour of the Heron
by Greg Meldrum and Dave Candlish

Daveycandlish

Imagine if the adventures of the elephant headed Hindu God were illustrated by Dudley Watkins?

Oor Ganesh is back for more japes in a story by Dave Candlish

Daveycandlish

SPENCER NERO also appears in The Antechamber, by Greg Meldrum and Tom Newell

Daveycandlish

JIKAN the time-travelling demon hunter appears in two stories;

Lovers Folly by Chris Cronin and Dave Candlish

and a full text adventure by Mark Howard, where the demon hunter meets the Lambton Worm;

Whisht lads, had your gobs. I'll tell ye all an awful story.
Whisht lads, had your gobs an I'll tell ye about the worm...

Daveycandlish

And now you can buy it DIRECT from me via paypal, for those who don't wish to use lulu.com  :)

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=CV6FEXFTL93WL

Daveycandlish

The fantastic four part, 32 page adventure Icarus Dangerous; Mynx Tale by Dirk Van Dom and Scott Twells and lettered by Jim Campbell, Patrick Brown and Bolt-01 is not to be missed!

Daveycandlish

Oh but there's more;

Bulldog The Sea Dog by Jason Cobley and Garen Ewing

GRAB YOURSELF THIS 68 PAGE, SQUARE BOUND, A4 COMIC NOW - JUST IN TIME FOR CHRISTMAS!

Daveycandlish

And there's also the Rupert Bear style Li'l Ganesh

The Li'l Drummer Boy by Dave Candlish and Jim Cameron

68 pages of action adventure anthology - why not download a copy for less than a quid?

http://www.lulu.com/content/e-book/paragon-annual-2017-ebook/20085718

Daveycandlish

Here we have a few shots of the actual book itself and believe me when I say, it's gorgeous!
Why not treat yourself and buy a copy? You'd pay three quid for an american comic full of muscle men in spandex pants punching each other, but if you were brought up reading British anthologies in the 70s and 80s you will know there is so much more to comics than that, this is a continuation of that style...

68 pages, A4 sized, squarebound and available from
http://paragoncomic.blogspot.co.uk/

Bolt-01

Davey, meant to ask, but are these 'new' scripts from Emperor, or are these scripts of his that have finally reached print?

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 14 December, 2016, 03:26:51 PM
Davey, meant to ask, but are these 'new' scripts from Emperor, or are these scripts of his that have finally reached print?

I had the same thought!
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Daveycandlish

Oh the Emperor has been M.I.A. for a few years now - this is one from the vaults that Chris Askham gave me permission to print up as it never found a published home.

His fantastic art certainly deserves to be seen!

Bolt-01

Ah, that clears that!

More nice crisp Chris artwork is not a bad thing.