Main Menu

Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets (2017)

Started by Goaty, 10 November, 2016, 04:28:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goaty

A new film by Luc Besson. Based on the classic European graphic novel series, "Valerian and Laureline"

https://youtu.be/BszXhUjJz00

von Boom

Looks good. It also looks a little Fifth Elementy.

Beeks

"We keep on being told that religion, whatever its imperfections, at least instills morality. On every side, there is conclusive evidence that the contrary is the case and that faith causes people to be more mean, more selfish, and perhaps above all, more stupid." ― Christopher Hitchens

James Stacey

Wow that looks totally incredible. I'll have to hook out the old books I've got somewhere, I'd totally forgotten about them.

Hawkmumbler

Valerian is some of the best sci-fi ever committed to comics and was an open influence upon Star Wars and The Fifth Element among others.

And to top it all off the movie looks to be STUNNING! This has shot right into my most anticipated movies of next year.

jacob g

As a fan of Christin's work I'm excited (also little bit worried 'cuz Besson can by hit or miss but still... excited).
margaritas ante porcos

PsychoGoatee

Looks very promising, hopefully they pull it off and can cover some more of the saga. Plenty of material to work with.

Tiplodocus

Quote from: jacob g on 13 November, 2016, 03:46:05 PM
'cuz Besson can by hit or miss...

within the same film. Hell, he can even be hit or miss within the same scene.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Goaty

Eric Plumrose

Visuals look far too busy for my tastes. Same problem (well, one of 'em) I had with GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY.
Not sure if pervert or cheesecake expert.

Supreme Pizza Of The DPRK

The music in the trailer is clearly a rendition of Stevie Wonders Pasttime Paradise. Not that there's anything wrong with it like. Just thought it was a weird choice.

TordelBack

Loved the previous trailers, but the extended Third Person Shooter sequence in this one does nothing but make me nervous.  The rest looks great, but '3D experiences' I can live without: I like films, me.