Main Menu

Judge Dredd Mega Collection extension suggestions

Started by Trent, 11 November, 2016, 12:31:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

opaque

I think there is scope for other collections. Although not in the mega collection please. It's already pretty light in some places. As has been said there are many other ways of getting the weaker stories already. Thing is I'm buying the megacollection to completion but not buying any of the normal releases because I can't afford both!

teckno viking

Yeah 80 Only please. After all the last pair that arrived. Enjoyed the Cursed Earth stories volume But Not at all the other one.

robert_ellis

You didn't like the Chief Judges Man? Or are you referring to a different volume? I'm quite happy to see the series be extended once the original 80 are completed.

teckno viking

Quote from: robert_ellis on 31 January, 2017, 11:06:55 PM
You didn't like the Chief Judges Man? Or are you referring to a different volume? I'm quite happy to see the series be extended once the original 80 are completed.

Two arrived this week was "Cursed Earth Carnage" Which I enjoyed & "Heavy Metal Dredd" which bar the Johnny stories did Not.  Came across more a dregs volume thrown together.

Mattofthespurs

I would rather the series stick with the 80 planned issues but I would buy it if it was extended.
I would also prefer a 2000 AD series instead.

robert_ellis

I really wish the Art of Kenny Who was included in this set. Has there been any news on this one?

Trent

Re keeping the set at 80 - why?
Discussions have thrown up at least a dozen or so potential volumes with key stories as well as some of the more recently published material (Anderson, Lawless, Angelic, Deadworld etc).
I would love these stories to be included and still see any general 2000AD books as a separate series, not an extension.

COMMANDO FORCES

Why not just put in every Dredd story that has ever been written then. The company said it was an 80 book set, so apart from greed, why go on past that. Do a 2000 AD one afterwards if they want, no problem at all with that.
You mention recent stuff Anderson, Lawless, Angelic, Deadworld, that's a bit too soon and I would suspect stepping on trades of those that will be coming out in the near future.

Steve Green

Yeah, it makes no sense to collect stuff through a third-party company that will sell for less than Rebellion could directly sell.

Trent

Those stories probably are too soon even if the collection still has pretty much another year to run.
Never said that everything should be included but I do bemoan the lack of certain stories especially at the expense of some of the dross published.
I just think, even a short extension could address this issue to create a truly 'Mega' collection.

Skullmo

It's a joke. I was joking.

terryworld

Skullmo

It's a joke. I was joking.

Apestrife

Would'v be cool if they collected Michael Carroll's post DoC stuff plus Every empire falls as 2 books. First book concentrating on the Sovs in MC2 and influx of new judges and some of the main story, second one being the rest and ending with the re-skin story.

Also a "Dark Justice" book with the title story in between the Wagner post DoC stories, Beeny's 2 (when they clean house, and her getting appointed) and and those up to Lady Killer. Stories with Dredd starting to screw up a bit now and then, making another push for reformation and then ending with him saying "This case is closed.".

robert_ellis

So I know with all the excitement of the 2000ad Ultimate collection the extension of the MegaCollection seems a bit old hat. Do we think the extension will favour Dredd-world (more Anderson - she doesn't feature on the 2000ad spine) or more of the main strip? I can't really justify buying both series so I'm hoping we get some more great stuff here. I'd really like to see Graveyard Shift reprinted as the blueprint for Modern Dredd.