Main Menu

Rebellion To Reprint The Last American

Started by JOE SOAP, 16 November, 2016, 12:16:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seanharry

I would have loved to own The Last American in hardback, and never saw that it was available.

Gutted doesn't even cover it!

robprosser

Just had an email telling me the hardback is on it's way!

Tjm86

Ditto.  End of term Friday.  Know what I'm doing this weekend!!!!!!    :)

Magnetica

So I have just received an email from Rebellion saying the special edition hardback is now on sale and encouraging me to buy it.

This is odd from two points of view.

1) I received an email yesterday saying my order of the same had been dispatched

and

2) as per the discussion a couple of weeks ago I thought it was sold out already - which seems to be the case on the 2000AD online shop

Timothy

If you click on the link in the email you will see that it leads nowhere. I assume there were a couple of last minute cancellations which were snapped up pretty sharpish when the email was sent. Has anybody got theirs yet?

CalHab

Yeah, that one had me scratching my head as well. Are these emails automated or something?

robprosser

No sign of it yet. Anyone else had their's?

Steve Green

Nope.

Thought it was turning up yesterday, but it was just a phishing DHL e-mail.

SIP

Quote from: Steve Green on 07 April, 2017, 06:41:14 PM
Nope.

That's odd, I got a DHL email yesterday saying I would get  a delivery by the end of the day......and nothing ever appeared. Is this just a spam thing that's going on?

moly

So are these coming via Dhl ? Hope so as Royal Mail just came and no delivery

Tjm86

Quote from: CalHab on 05 April, 2017, 03:44:33 PM
Yeah, that one had me scratching my head as well. Are these emails automated or something?

I have a passing recollection of this happening with the fortieth anniversary prog.  Dispatch notice was a few days before the postage date when it finally pitched up quite a few days later.  I'm wondering if the notice is emailed out when the packing label is generated rather than when it is actually sent.

Quote from: moly on 08 April, 2017, 11:24:17 AM
So are these coming via Dhl ?

I think mine's coming via Macrahanish.  Never used to have these problems when Denise was running the show.

SALMON63

Nothing turned up here yet after the email so it's back to amber mode for me until further notice. :|

Steve Green

Quote from: SIP on 07 April, 2017, 08:00:36 PM
Nope.

That's odd, I got a DHL email yesterday saying I would get  a delivery by the end of the day......and nothing ever appeared. Is this just a spam thing that's going on?

I thought it might be - seemed to want to run a script or something, so I never chanced it, and the tracking number given didn't show anything on the main DHL website.

SIP

Quote from: Steve Green on 08 April, 2017, 10:02:15 PM
Quote from: SIP on 07 April, 2017, 08:00:36 PM
Nope.

I thought it might be - seemed to want to run a script or something, so I never chanced it, and the tracking number given didn't show anything on the main DHL website.

Exactly the same thing with me!

SALMON63

My copy arrived this morning but without the A4 print or bookplate. I'm going assume for now these are being posted separately as happened with The Cursed Earth A3 print. Anyone know differently?

Thanks
Adrian

Edit. I've just sent an email to the 2000AD team to clarify this situation. I'll report back after they do.:)