Main Menu

Prog 2008 Mind Craft

Started by Mattofthespurs, 19 November, 2016, 09:08:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Quote from: Greg M. on 24 November, 2016, 07:26:39 PM
Amstor is right - a series or two ago (don't remember when, I'm not really following the story), Claw Carver strongly that implied Joe, from the original 'Flesh', was Reagan's lover. Reagan didn't deny it.

Hah, at the time I thought that was just Carver trying to get rise out of Reagan, as opposed to Reagan getting a rise out of His, but in retrospect you're both absolutely right.

And to extend Rennie and Amstor's Grace Brothers level of inyerendo, as I recall it Joe's very life depended on the secretions of a special gland of Old One Eye's....

TordelBack

'His' = 'Joe' + predictive text.

Darren Stephens

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 24 November, 2016, 06:49:26 PM
....Or are we talking about Bill Savage? I hear he's firing mostly blanks these days.
I hope not, or the strips going to go on forever:lol:
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

James Stacey

Quote from: Darren Stephens on 25 November, 2016, 08:15:32 AM
Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 24 November, 2016, 06:49:26 PM
....Or are we talking about Bill Savage? I hear he's firing mostly blanks these days.
I hope not, or the strips going to go on forever:lol:
Well its been going on for 40 years so far  :lol:

Jacqusie

Quote from: Eamonn Clarke on 19 November, 2016, 12:26:35 PM

Love this cover, bold and simple with great colours - reminds me a bit of the late 80's early 90's - Dare to be different I say...

:thumbsup:

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Jacqusie on 26 November, 2016, 03:08:31 AM

Love this cover, bold and simple with great colours - reminds me a bit of the late 80's early 90's - Dare to be different I say...

:thumbsup:

Amen to that a great cover.

TordelBack

Yeah, meant to comment on that earlier - I like that cover more every time I see it. Lovely bright piece.

Fungus

Don't care for the strip but the simplicity - and Gibson boots - are excellent. Great colour choices too.

James Stacey

Reminded me a bit of Rian Hughes for some reason

Muon

I really liked that cover as well. It's got a late '80s/early '90s 2000 AD vibe to it. While that era wasn't exactly the prog's golden age, it was certainly the first peak of my fandom (the second climax being about now). I'm seeing a bit of Ryan Hughes and a bit of Jamie Hewlett and I'm feeling warm and fuzzy.

ZenArcade

I've missed 2006, but 2007 and 8 are pretty damn cool. TB makes the point.... No one really gives a fuck about Flesh or Savage.  I've tried; believe me, I've tried,  but this is descending into flogging the proverbial, being out of sync: I mean a dead horse not some homo-erotic phallic imagery.
PM is capable of better. Milligan has sewn it up with Counterfeit Girl ; Dredd is wonderful and.Rennie has finally gotten to the heart of Rogue and Nu Earth.
Why oh why are we visited and revisited with Savage and Flesh and it is even dragging Ro Busters and ABC Warriors into its horrible gravity field. Please let this stop. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead