Main Menu

Achewood

Started by Trout, 01 December, 2016, 05:44:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trout

Any fans of this bizarre webcomic out there?

I only recently discovered it, having somehow had an unfulfilled life without knowing. Now I'm working my way through it slowly, and laughing a lot. Just read the one where Lyle is licking a bra he found at the police station.

Also, Ray Smuckles is my role model now.

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=10012001

- Trout

TordelBack

I always thought Ray was based on the Trout. The thong in particular.

Trout

Hush, you crazy fool.

I can't believe more 2000 AD fans haven't read this weird thing.

Echidna

Achewood is one of my favourite webcomics comics things ever. For new readers I'd recommend The Party (the first notable story arc) as a starting point. Go there now. Now!

Trout

Yes, dogg. Also, the Great Outdoor Fight is dope. Dogg.

Mikey

I can assure you that I love Achewood and selected Ray as my hero long before you turned up! Though in reality I'm probably more of a Roast Beef. There's actual hard copies available too. 

I don't want to spoil anything but I will say Ketel One's good liquor. Also: [spoiler]Shivering Anus![/spoiler]
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

Professor Bear

Trout

Professor Cornelius Bear?

Echidna

I still occasionally type "what's the best thing you got" into eBay - no Airwolf yet though. And I'm unable to search YouTube or Google without thinking "YouTube, YouTube, on the Dell, who's a dude who's bad as hell" or MEG WHITE COME ON SHOW ME HER NAKED

Mikey

Good work Echidna. When something gives me a shock I describe my reaction as a 'full Roast Beef' after the incident in the spaceship.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

TordelBack

One of the things that makes Achewood such a rich comic are the diversions from the situation/characters- based humour into clever observation: like Dilbert, but actually funny. For example, I had the bottom half of this one pinned to my office corkboard, back when I had an office:

Incidentally, I'm fairly sure it was a discussion on this very forum that directed me to Achewood in the first place.