Main Menu

So, I'm, uh, getting published by Image Comics

Started by Pauul, 04 December, 2016, 02:03:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pauul

Hey guys, I thought you might like to know that Matt Hawkins just revealed the subject matter for the Top Cow Talent Hunt 2017.

Here is the link; https://twitter.com/topcowmatt/status/805837378271092736

Entrants are going to have the chance to write or draw Think Tank, Tithe and Postal.

The Talent Hunt won't be officially announced until the Summer during San Diego Comic Con but that doesn't stop any aspiring writers or artists out there from researching those titles.

So, hey, if any of you guys want to be published by Image Comics too, there is your chance.

Heath C Ackley

Belated congratulations mate on getting published!
"Give a man a mask and he will give you the truth."

Pauul

There is a preview up on Newsarama for CYBERFORCE: ARTIFACTS #0 if anyone is interested in checking it out; http://www.newsarama.com/32372-cyberforce-returns-in-artifacts-0.html#s8

Mine is the third story featuring Aphrodite IV.

It's eight pages long and you can see two of those pages here.

TordelBack

Dunno what a Cyberforce is (although my hindbrain suspects Liefield and/or Lee were involved somewhere!), but those are some fun-looking pages - nice crisp art on them too. Congrats!

Pauul

Quote from: TordelBack on 22 December, 2016, 08:28:44 AM
Dunno what a Cyberforce is (although my hindbrain suspects Liefield and/or Lee were involved somewhere!), but those are some fun-looking pages - nice crisp art on them too. Congrats!

Close. CyberForce was one of the first titles launched by Image Comics. It was created by Marc Silvestri.

Originally it was about a group of mutants who were given cybernetic enhancements by CyberData. Although, in the 2012 relaunch they were reimagined as purely being cyborgs.

Pauul

Well, CYBERFORCE: ARTIFACTS #0 is now out in the shops, if anyone wants to pick it up.

I'd be interested in hearing what people think.

There first reviews have started to appear online too; https://m.facebook.com/notes/reading-with-a-flight-ring/cyber-force-artifacts-0/1365417123502801/

Zarjazzer

Weaponeer, I enjoyed it very much art and story all went well together. I'd forgotten how cyberpunky IMAGE can be anti -heroes, grey morality and lots of violence. But in a good way. I haven't read any of this characters comics before.  Good stuff. Will there be more? Other stories were good too nice count down massacre in one  of 'em.
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

Pauul

I can't imagine that I'll be doing any more work with Top Cow any time soon. They don't put out a lot of books, so opportunities are few and far between.

Occasionally they've brought Talent Hunt Winners and Runners-Up back to write one shots, I don't plan to wait around, hoping that will happen, though.

My current plan is to try teaming up with artists to pitch series ideas to various publishers. I mean, I've proven myself capable of working professionally, so that should at least count for something.

I figure I've never been in a better position to try pitching, so I'm going to give it my all.

CalHab

Quote from: Pauul on 19 February, 2017, 12:02:52 AM
I figure I've never been in a better position to try pitching, so I'm going to give it my all.

That seems like a great attitude. Best of luck! Fingers crossed we'll see your name on the front of a book soon

Old Tankie