Main Menu

Digital download returns?

Started by Rately, 07 December, 2016, 12:44:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rately

Aloha,

The good Lady was advised of the sale on 2000AD graphic novels, so i suggested a few and purchased them digitally! She'd rather i have them in print, so i was wondering if there was any way i can return the digital versions so i can go ahead and order the print versions?

thanks,

Cathal

IndigoPrime

Legally speaking, digital downloads are slightly different from standard goods and services within British consumer rights. Generally speaking, you lose your rights to the 14-day cooling off period as soon as you download something (for obvious reasons). If you haven't provided consent by downloading, you may be able to get a refund on the basis of the standard legislation.

From a customer support standpoint, Rebellion may or may not add to said rights, but I've no idea if that's the case. Your best bet would probably be to call, explain what's happened, and ask if you can place an order over the phone there and then, along with immediately cancelling your access to the digital files. (Again, whether Rebellion has processes in place for this, I don't know.)

Rately

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 07 December, 2016, 04:45:20 PM
Legally speaking, digital downloads are slightly different from standard goods and services within British consumer rights. Generally speaking, you lose your rights to the 14-day cooling off period as soon as you download something (for obvious reasons). If you haven't provided consent by downloading, you may be able to get a refund on the basis of the standard legislation.

From a customer support standpoint, Rebellion may or may not add to said rights, but I've no idea if that's the case. Your best bet would probably be to call, explain what's happened, and ask if you can place an order over the phone there and then, along with immediately cancelling your access to the digital files. (Again, whether Rebellion has processes in place for this, I don't know.)

Cheers, Indigoprime!

Oliver at the 2000AD customer support team has responded to my e-mailed query and refunded me the money. Most likely a lot of hassle avoided as I hadn't downloaded the purchases.

Thanks for the reply, and another massive thanks to Oliver for brilliant customer service.

Now, off to order the printed versions!

Bolt-01

That's a nice result, and further evidence that the command module is a top place.

Rately

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 08 December, 2016, 12:34:05 PM
That's a nice result, and further evidence that the command module is a top place.

Just fantastic customer service, Bolt-01.

Lots of online retailers could learn a lesson from the 2000AD support team.

TordelBack

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 08 December, 2016, 12:34:05 PM

Too right.  That's brilliant service, looking after the fans properly .  And the type of gentlemanly dealing that's sure to guarantee far more sales in the future than any refund could cost them.  Another round of applause, Rebellion customer service!

(I had something vaguely similar happen with exchange rates leaving me a few bucks short of a free-shipping threshold with Reaper Miniatures [my mistake entirely], and their prompt response and free gift chucked into the parcel means I never stop singing their praises, and am always happy to order from them.  It's how these things should be done, but so seldom are).