Main Menu

Fink Legacy

Started by Trent, 17 December, 2016, 09:44:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trent

Just a quick note in praise of this.
Colour centrespreads for Fink and Destiny's Angels for the first timesince the Prog, I believe.
Lovely volume all round showcasing the different stories writers can tell with essentially the same character.

Tony Angelino

What was Destiny's Angels? I'm not sure I remember that story. I tried googling it but just keep getting the Captain Scarlet characters.

Leigh S

Ezquerra drawn story where Mean is first resurrected

Tony Angelino

I don't remember that one very well. What was the story where Mean and Dredd go on a mission in to the Cursed Earth? It was black and white and drawn by Ron Smith?

AlexF

No, it was the one where Fink resurrects Mean Angel and both try to off Dredd. I mainly remember it for bringing back Maria, and for the delights of the Pa Angel Super-Scream Torture Machine. I also remember not really liking it that much; likewise Dredd Angel, the Ron Smith tale you're thinking of.

That said, the inclusion of colour centre spreads may just push this into the 'buy now'! category. I do love the original Fink tale, and the recent Ratfink stuff (grimly horrible thought its protagonist may be).

Does it include the curio 'Son of Ratty's Revenge' by Alan Grant and a young Kevin Walker?

Trent

No, just. The 4 noted talees

SIP

Quote from: Tony Angelino on 18 December, 2016, 12:03:43 PM
I don't remember that one very well. What was the story where Mean and Dredd go on a mission in to the Cursed Earth? It was black and white and drawn by Ron Smith?

In Destiny's Angel's, Mean machine is resurrected by the judge child/grunwalder and Owen krysler also sets fink free by influencing an iso block guard so that he can take revenge on dredd for leaving him on xanadu. The story with dredd and mean in the cursed earth tracking down judge clones drawn by Ron Smith is called "dredd angel".

Trent

Dredd Angel was a mixed bag elevated by Ron Smith at his best and the How far to Tulsa? 24 hours exchange.

Tony Angelino

Yes, Dredd Angel. Its funny you mention it because one of the only things I remember about it is the 24 hours from Tulsa gag.

I also had a Titan reprint of it at one point which had a Bill Sienkiewicz cover. I must have sold it though. 

SIP

Dred Titan book number 12. It's a lovely cover!

sheridan

Dredd Angel also notable for what happened to those baby clones afterwards (many, many years afterwards).

Trent

Indeed Sheriden, I was going to add that Dredd Angel is surprisingly significant in the Dredd canon given the general silliness of the mood of the story.

Tony Angelino

I wonder will Dredd Angel be reprinted in the Mega Collection? I'd love to read it again now.

Mute77

Most of the stuff in this collection was new new to me and i quite enjoyed this little collection. Highlight was the story illustrated by Peter Doherty-lush!