Main Menu

Dredd in the Daily Star weekly

Started by Rogue Earthlet, 20 December, 2016, 01:32:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rogue Earthlet

About 1980 I first saw Judge Dredd in a Saturday edition of the Daily Star, when it was only Saturday that he appeared. That led to me graduating to buying 2000 AD. I cut some strips out, saved them, but it's time I cleaned up, and I was going to throw them out, until I thought there might be some enthusiast who'd like them. There's 31 strips, and though, being newspaper, they show signs of age, there still quite presentable. To show images here is impracticable, because of the sites size limit, so I've put a couple, here,
https://1drv.ms/f/s!AqJy1U8mqwvskiNC2xlts_0AeE1_
Some are the early b&w strips. If anyone wants to offer me a few pounds for them, let me know.

The Enigmatic Dr X

You're out of luck. Or, to be correct, time. These have recently all been collected into lovely pristine hardback books that most of us with an interest in the strips have bought.

Lock up your spoons!

sheridan

I'm sure somebody will be interested in the originals...

Strange - I don't recall the advertising board one - I obviously need to re-read the Daily Dredds Volume One!

maryanddavid

Hiya, if you have many in colour I might be interested, drop me a pm if you like.

Rogue Earthlet

Quote from: sheridan on 20 December, 2016, 12:41:52 PM
I'm sure somebody will be interested in the originals...

Strange - I don't recall the advertising board one - I obviously need to re-read the Daily Dredds Volume One!

I thought some might like the originals, and there have been enquiries. Yea, that billboard strip was a classic. Dredd's duties evidently include making not just people, but also billboards, obey the law.

Rogue Earthlet

Rogue Earthlet

Large48

Bugger missed this, would have been good to see the colour ones at least............. :(
[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]

Rogue Earthlet

Quote from: Large48 on 26 December, 2016, 09:35:03 AM
Bugger missed this, would have been good to see the colour ones at least............. :(

I've no longer got the colour strips, but you can see them here,

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AqJy1U8mqwvskiaRkVg1xth-LTR0

I was about to delete it, but I'll leave it there for a few days.

Large48

[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]