Main Menu

Happy New Year, creeps!

Started by Goaty, 31 December, 2016, 07:17:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goaty

Hope you all having a great evening and look forward to 2017?

We will off to bar party, hopefully wife booking tickets okay!

2016 been mixed year, looks like it's a bad year for most of people cos of Brexit, Trump, deaths etc...

But I got married!!

Still no luck on job as out of job since April 2016. Life in London been okay. Bit quietly. Hope 2017 everything change for better.

Happy New Year creeps!

Smith

Politics aside,it was still a bad year.I hope 2017 will be better for us all.
Happy New Year,everyone.

Grugz

2015 and 2016 sucked rotten eggs but here's to a brighter future (I hope) in 2017 to me my family and all of you and yours.
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

Hawkmumbler

2016 was a colossal dumpster fire of a year, and I challenge anyone to say other wise.

Here's to a better one in 2017.

SuperSurfer

Hoping 2017 is a better one.

I'm staying put tonight. Not into new year celebrations.

I was only just let out yesterday after being bed bound with flu for more than a week. I will see the new one in coughing and spluttering.

At least some of us have that party thing to look forward to in February.

Colin YNWA

Yeah I'll be in bed shortly so I'll say it now to all you lovely people. HAPPY NEW YEAR.

Yeah its been a bum year in so, so many ways. BUT this year I went to a friends wedding, the first I've been to between to people of the same sex. So while the short game is crappy at the moment, I hope the long game... well we're still winning... right.

Come on 2017 prove me right.

Something Fishy

It was a overall a pretty terrible year, albeit with a great health change for me and lovely holiday to end it.  I think the politics has divided myself and the wife to the point we won't make this one (we just managed 20 years but we seem to live in different worlds now where her hard right Dad just makes me so angry when he speaks) but we shall see.  Whatever we do it's dividing us badly.

But anyway, here's to another and hoping things look up.

The Legendary Shark

Any year you survive has to be a good one, and I've survived 2016 (at least to within about an hour of 2017 at any rate, knock on wood), so I have to declare the year a good one - for me at least.

Sure, we lost some fine people this year, some damn fine people, and that's never easy, but there are countless damn fine people still with us - you amongst them - and we must revel in that fact.

We are all drawn here by a similar attraction to a simple comic, of all things, and it seems that each of us takes from Tharg's mighty organ something unique to ourselves. No two of us take from it exactly the same things, and how marvellous that is - an analogy for life itself. And beyond Mega-City One, Downlode and the Doghouse we generally all also share affinities with Hadley's Hope, Gallifrey and Mordor (as examples). And, again, none of us takes from any of these fantasies quite the same things as anyone else. And yet, can the basic sensation of enjoyment we all get from our unique perspectives on the fantasies we collectively savour be so different at their base? And how would we measure whether my sense of enjoyment feels any different to me than yours does to you? And would it matter if it did? (And would any of the Grammar Nazis currently grinding their teeth at how many consecutive sentences I've started with the word "and" be mollified by the fact that I did it on purpose specifically to make this utterly unfunny joke?)

I know there are some members here going through or facing some pretty dark times and I ache for them, I really do, because I know I cannot help. The challenges we all face are as unique as our enjoyments but, I'll wager, feel the same for each of us. I am deeply moved by the way you deal with those feelings and upset that I cannot lend you strength or belief. I am in awe of you.

To be honest (OK, proper honest; I don't usually drink because of the responsibilities of my job but I'm off for a few days and somebody bought me a bottle of Glen Dhu which is going down way too easily) I forgot what I was going to say. It was something about you all being my mates and me loving you and all shit like that. Because, the more I think about it and as soft as it sounds, love is the answer. Jesus said it. Martin Luther King said it. John Lennon said it. Nikolai Dante misunderstood it. But, fellow Grammar Nazis, don't get me wrong - love is no pink and fluffy bunny of a thing. Love is hard. Love is harder than hate, it is true, but infinitely more rewarding. Hate simply festers but one has to work on love; tend it, weed it, give it enough light.

To that end I would like to extend my love and best wishes to you all on the eve of this New Year. In particular, I'd like to humbly extend my love to Jim, Gordon and Locusts - to each of whom I feel I have been arrogant and/or unfair.

A happy New Year to you all and get your "I Survived 2016" tee-shirts here.

xxx
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

ZenArcade

Happy New Year peeps....couldn't be any worse than the last two. Z :-\
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Rately

Be excellent to each other!

Ps - hope to meet some of you, most likely Belfast based folk, this year!

Mardroid

Happy New Year everyone. I spent mine watching the end of Pulp Fiction, which is probably rather inappropriate for a new year considering all the sweariness, violence, and that bit in the cellar.. dear me.

Interestingly it does end on a rather uplifting note though.

Anyway, may your path through this year be a pleasant one. And when it's not so great (all paths tend to go up and down)* try to keep your eyes looking up at the positive. Not meaning to sound trite**, but I do think one's attitude is a big first step overcoming many problems in life. Talking to a good friend and your mates on here should help too.

All the best to you all.

Chris.

*Corny metaphor alert!

**Too late for that!*

COMMANDO FORCES

Pretty great 2016 and I'm expecting 2017 to be even better :thumbsup:

Trout

Happy new year from the Canadian wastes, creeps!

Trent

Happy New Year to all and my thanks to all who have wished me well for times ahead after my various bleatings.
The members of this board include many individuals of true class amd I am pleased to hang out with you all.

Tjm86

Just want to wish everyone a great 2017.  Hope none of the fears and all of the hopes come true.