Main Menu

morning/evening etc!

Started by peter tron, 13 January, 2017, 01:19:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peter tron

hey all you guys!

i'm re-aquanting myself with the 200ad strips i remember from back in the mid 80's.

who knows?

maybe brigand doom will be repressed and released one day?

br

baz

sheridan

Good afternoon!  Welcome to the forum!

When did you stop reading, and what caused you to jump ship?  Were you brought back in to the fold by that film five years ago, or something else?

Colin YNWA

Welcome back aboard, hope you have fun catching up. Enjoy Brigand Doom myself, particularly the first story. Glorious art through out.

Have fun.

Link Prime

< Plink> Welcome aboard!

I'm another Brigand Doom fan that would love to see a collected edition- the way things are going these days, I'd say there's a pretty good chance it will.

sheridan

I certainly liked the original Brigand Doom mini-series, but can't remember what happened in follow-up stories...

peter tron

Quote from: sheridan on 13 January, 2017, 04:24:26 PM
Good afternoon!  Welcome to the forum!

When did you stop reading, and what caused you to jump ship?  Were you brought back in to the fold by that film five years ago, or something else?

well, young teens [13 , 14], started noticing "girls" etc..."rap" music ;)

peter tron

i remember brigand doom being under some form of "mind control", if that was the second series and later?

either way, i got all the collected editions of nemesis, abc warriors, bad company, slaine, and...one of my favourites..zenith!

i remember getting "chills" turning that optimistic full colour page showing maximan with the hopes of the war being over real soon, then turning the page and seing that full dbl page in black and white showing the nazi saying the words "you know your legs will never work agagin" (or similar words to that effect).

i felt as though this was almost too adult and i shouldn't have been reading it, being 12.

i'm quite proud of my book shelf now, i must say :)
it did come across as high brow, considering other strips i might have been reading at the same time.

Link Prime

Quote from: peter tron on 17 January, 2017, 02:28:58 AM
i remember brigand doom being under some form of "mind control", if that was the second series and later?

It was the 2nd story-line; 'Voodoo Child'.
An exceptionally left-field method of resurrecting the character after he was killed off in series 1.
Unfortunately the stories got even more bizarre after that, but I never could say no to a crisp and moody page of Dave D'Antiquis artwork (nor the superb one-off story by The Stapler).

peter tron

yep!

i'm glad it was always in black & white too (was it always in black & white?)

Link Prime

Quote from: peter tron on 18 January, 2017, 12:49:52 AM
i'm glad it was always in black & white too (was it always in black & white?)

Now that you mention it, I'm pretty sure that D'Antiquis painted at least one episode in one of the yearbooks / specials.