Main Menu

Prog 2014 - Daze of Future Past

Started by Eamonn Clarke, 14 January, 2017, 05:53:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eamonn Clarke

Lovely cover by Neil Roberts.  My sad helmet joke is over on the ECBT site.  :-[

Tharg tells us about a new Texas City case for Dredd over in the Meg. Wait until you see who did that cover!
The Alienist is a forthcoming thrill.
There's a letters page with two for the beast.
And a half page advert for the Cartoon Exhibit 25 Jan - 23 April in that London

All strips continue from last week.

And Heavy Metal Dredd is the latest Hachette book on the back cover.

Colin YNWA

Lovin' this line up. Okay so Hope for the Future isn't really offering anything new but its looks great and is passing the time.

The rest are bloody fantastic. Dredd continues in the way I'd hoped with Joe taking things on two fronts and just presented as so imposing, just so Dredd. Wonderful. Kingdom is just so Kingdom and that is about as good a compliment as I can think of. Its just finding fun new ways to be so 2000ad.

Kingmaker just blows into action and the odd couple relationship, while pretty unoriginal is played out so well and this is just fun, fun, fun and then we get a nice tease for something new around the corner. So much in 5 pages. Genius...

oh and speaking of genius The Order somehow finds new levels to launch into, this one again has it all, wonderful character, revalations, returns and a ruddie great cliffhanger - this strip is just the best!

Top Progage Mr Green Bonce.

Geoff

Loving Dredd at the moment, at his stubborn pig-headed best!

Richard

QuoteKingmaker just blows

It's better than that...

CalHab

I'm enjoying Hope for the Future. It's a welcome change of pace, tone and art style to the rest of the prog.

Kingmaker is shaping up to be excellent as well.

Spaceghost

Just had a massive and ill-advised Thrill Power freebase session last night (I'm disorientated but still functional) and caught up with the last 3 weeks worth of progs.

I'm REALLY enjoying it at the moment and it's great to see all new stories that I enjoy as much as the old favourites.

Judge Dredd is fantastic. Always nice to see Dredd leap through a window and kick some perp-arse. The art from TT is, of course, beautiful.

Hope: For the Future is right up my street and I can't recall a more perfect match of script, tone and art in the recent prog. This will make a lovely collected edition.

Kingmaker has Leigh Gallagher on art duties so automatically gets a pass, but the story and concept are superb too.

The Order remains, for me, a series of nicely painted pictures depicting a story that I'm not particularly invested in. It seems popular with other Squaxx though.

Kingdom always gives good thrill and there's a genuine sense of peril for Gene and his mates in this new story. Awesome stuff.

Four stone-cold classics and one damp squib.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

Smith

I still dont care for The Order,but others have been pretty good good.Kingmaker really has a crazy pace.
Good news,everyone!A sequel to Dark Justice is coming to Megazine.

TordelBack

Zarjaz proggage this week and no mistake. My least favourite strip could easily be my favourite in a different lineup! And also lovingly wrapped in a stonking cover.

I'm liking this Dredd a lot. Nicely paced, distinctive characters and settings, doggedly irrascible Dredd. And TT's art getting more confident with his subject with every page - extraordinary stuff. 

Hope for the Future is stylish and cool almost to a fault, but despite some familiar Adamsisms in the bouncers' dialogue, it remains fresh and keeps an engaging story center stage.

Kingmaker has yet to click with me, for all that it's a solid premise. I think it's just how close the fantasy-cliche dialogue is to actual movie lines: instead of getting the intended chuckle out of me, it's a bit like someone who insists on quoting The Princess Bride but keeps getting it ever so slightly wrong. That said, I'm intrigued to see where this is going, and Gallaghee draws the bejayzus out of it.

The Order is glorious madness, a strip spreading its wings and soaring as earlier world-building pays off.

Kingdom getting very interesting indeed, fascinating contrast with the last two runs. Another faction coming into play, or an old one getting more sophisticated?

Terrific line-up this, one for the ages.

Woolly

Shouldn't really post as I'm only reading Dredd and Kingdom at the moment (keeping the rest for a thrill-powered reading session when they're over), however...

Kingdom is as ace as always, and I still reckon this is building up to a finale of sorts with all these threads coming together. The Elson droid's artwork really has moved forward since the first series, and Dabnett never disappoints.

Dredd.... has to be said, Michael Carroll has got Dredd down to a tee, and pairing him with Tiernon Trevellion was a master move. His best script yet, so far. More from this team please Tharg!

Smith

Frank

Pegasus P Artichoke

Another top prog for me

Cover is excellent again, with the pose and lighting quality stuff

Dredd is just great stuff, terrific art, brilliant writing and Dredd at his no nonsense best with some cracking lines of dialogue, especially at the end of the strip

Kingmaker I'm still enjoying as well as The Order both good solid ones this week

Hope for me is still a highlight really enjoying it really enjoying the story coming together.

Kingdom I have liked since I first was introduced to it in the last run it had in the prog and I like it even more as this strip progresses

Keep up the great work Tharg
We'll give them back their heroes

Albion

Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

Muon

Quote from: Frank on 18 January, 2017, 08:29:30 PM

Bukake?

Yep, pretty sure that's a scene from Miserable Law Enforcer Facials Vol. 2.