Main Menu

3A Tharg - worth selling on?

Started by The Enigmatic Dr X, 30 January, 2017, 10:06:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Enigmatic Dr X

I'm about to embark on a big clear out of tat.

I'm thinking about parting with my 3A Tharg. Any idea what he's worth? Is there a demand for him? He's complete but out the box (which is mint and in the loft) and staring at me over a polystyrene cup as I type this.

I'm not sure I'll sell but at present I'm 90% inclined to do so. Unless he's worth bugger all, in which case I won't.

Thanks in advance.
Lock up your spoons!

Mardroid

Others can probably give you a better answer than me, but I think that,  even out of the box, I don't think 3a stuff would go down much in value, as long as it's in good condition. There's a good chance you'd even make a profit, what with 3a stuff generally being made on-demand, as it were, and I think Tharg was available in much lesser numbers than other 2000 AD figures.

Whether you are able to sell it in the first place in another thing,* but  but you're probably in one of the best place to advertise it!

* I know that statement seems a bit contradictory when considering my first paragraph. What I mean is, I think I've seen such items for long periods of time on ebay with nobody bidding. But if you can sell you should get a good price for it. I'm optimistic with advertising in the right place (here and other communities interested in this stuff) you'll get a good bargain. But don't hold me to that.

The Enigmatic Dr X

Nah, you're echoing what I thought. Thing is, I like him but I also want a Dredd and bike and just don't have the space. I have too much tat.

Dilemma, dilemma
Lock up your spoons!

Mardroid

I need a whole bunch of reorganising myself, before I display my stuff properly. They're all in their packaging at the moment.

I have the 3a Dredd and lawmaster. Great pieces!

Bolt-01

I was tempted to say I'd take off you, but having just looked at Ebay I think this might be a little out of my price range.

The Enigmatic Dr X

I'm putting this up on eBay today for £199. Might as well see what interest there is.

£180 to anyone from the board who PMs me to give Tharg a good home.

(And if those prices are wrong then let me know! I am basing this on the fact there's one on eBay for £219)
Lock up your spoons!