Main Menu

Wanted Prog 225

Started by matty_ae, 16 February, 2017, 02:36:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matty_ae

Hi guys
Could anyone help? I'm about to miss a binding deadline as I can't find this issue.
Would £5 spur anyone to see if they've got a double.
Just clean and nice, no writing but doesn't have to be perfect white etc.
Thanks - stressed Mat

matty_ae

I'm trying. It's now doubling in price. Are you all bidding against me ?!

WhizzBang

I am tempted! Prog 225 might just be the finest issue of 2000ad ever.

Tjm86

Sorry, just seen this.  I do have a double of this one.  Thanks to one of Eamonn's signings.  Let us know if you are still interested.

matty_ae

Yes please TJM. PM me or matae08@gmail.com

I also need the less glamorous prog 209. The copy I had bought had a stamp collecting token removed ARRRRHHHH!

matty_ae

This is like the blitz.
Thank you both.

Dandontdare

Quote from: matty_ae on 17 February, 2017, 03:10:33 PM
Yes please TJM. PM me or matae08@gmail.com

I also need the less glamorous prog 209. The copy I had bought had a stamp collecting token removed ARRRRHHHH!

I think we all fell for that "100 free stamps" advert at some point - and never became stamp collectors!

My early progs are all ruined because I made a scrapbook in the mid 80s and cut them all up, or stuck them on my schoolbooks. I also put every star scan on my bedroom wall, and cut out and constructed all the games, , booklets and standee-figures.

I regret nothing though - I gained immense joy from that at the time, and I'd probably never actually read thiose progs even if they were pristine.

matty_ae

Just getting the progs has revealed some interesting stuff.

The prog 207 They stole Crydon has about 10 pages of Editorial or extended Tharg nonsense.
Also in this 'classic' run seems to be two stories that run eternally 'Meltdown Man' and 'Return to Armageddon which between them had 84 episodes.

Thank you to Eamonn and TJM for sorting me out.

sheridan

Quote from: Dandontdare on 17 February, 2017, 07:20:32 PM
My early progs are all ruined because I made a scrapbook in the mid 80s and cut them all up, or stuck them on my schoolbooks. I also put every star scan on my bedroom wall, and cut out and constructed all the games, , booklets and standee-figures.

I regret nothing though - I gained immense joy from that at the time, and I'd probably never actually read thiose progs even if they were pristine.

Quite a few of mine in the 300s have had posters starscans torn off, stuck on the wall for a year or two, then glued back on.  Plus the Rogue and Alpha standees, though they obviously didn't get glued back in to the progs.

Magnetica

I re-bought 261 yesterday (for £1 - bargain!!!) just because I cut out the coupon for Griddles spoiling the last panel of Robo-Hunter