Main Menu

The Film Star Challenge!

Started by JamesC, 17 February, 2017, 10:07:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamesC

This came up in the pub tonight.

You've got a lazy day to yourself to sit and watch films all day - the only catch is that all the films have to star (or feature) the same actor.
What actor do you think gives you the best days entertainment?

I narrowed mine down to:
Clint Eastwood (I could happily sit and watch his westerns all day, interspersed with a bit of Dirty Harry and other classics like Play Misty For Me and Coogan's Bluff).

Kurt Russell - The Thing, Tombstone and Breakdown would be my highlights but with the two Escape films, Big Trouble and possibly even Overboard to make up the day.

Arnie - after watching the two Terminators (the first two obvs), Commando, The Running Man and Total Recall, you may not even get time to start on Conan.

An honourable mention goes to Michael Douglass.

Female film stars were a bit more challenging for me but I settled on Jodie Foster. Silence of the Lambs, The Accussed, Taxi Driver, The Brave One, Contact. That's a pretty good days viewing. Oh, and Maverick too!

SIP

Harrison Ford, ARNOLD, Statham and Tom Cruise.

Goaty

Quote from: JamesC on 17 February, 2017, 10:07:32 PM

Arnie - after watching the two Terminators (the first two obvs), Commando, The Running Man and Total Recall, you may not even get time to start on Conan.

Not Predator?

sheridan

Harrison Ford is a good one - Bladerunner and two great trilogies (plus the fourth Star Wars film - I can take or leave the most recent Indy).

Johnny Depp might be good one - from early films like Crybaby through his Tim Burton films and the Pirates films (however many there are now).

Female stars aren't so easy - Helena Bonham Carter would gain you access to Fight Club, various Harry Potters and who knows what else.

sheridan

Quote from: Goaty on 17 February, 2017, 10:22:06 PM

Not Predator?

What about Batman and Robin?  Getting frosty in here...

;)

sheridan

Kurt Russell - The Thing, Tombstone and Breakdown would be my highlights but with the two Escape films, Big Trouble and possibly even Overboard to make up the day.
You missed out Stargate!
Female film stars were a bit more challenging for me but I settled on Jodie Foster. Silence of the Lambs, The Accussed, Taxi Driver, The Brave One, Contact. That's a pretty good days viewing. Oh, and Maverick too!
Was it Freaky Friday or Manic Monday she was in?

JamesC

Quote from: sheridan on 17 February, 2017, 10:30:24 PM
You missed out Stargate!

Freaky Friday. Actually she was in a few of those Disney live action films I think, as was Kurt Russell. Some of them are quite fun.

sheridan

Quote from: JamesC on 17 February, 2017, 10:34:28 PM
Quote from: sheridan on 17 February, 2017, 10:30:24 PM
You missed out Stargate!

Freaky Friday. Actually she was in a few of those Disney live action films I think, as was Kurt Russell. Some of them are quite fun.

Yes - the 'changing places' film was the only one of hers for Disney I could remember.

It's really weird watching a Disney film with a young (ten year old or so) Kurt Russell in!

Rackle

Don't forget Bugsy Malone!

Rackle

So my actor to watch for this challenge would be Christopher Lee.

Let's see, all the Hammer Horror movies; The Wickerman;  The Man With the Golden Gun; Star Wars; Lord of The Rings (extended version); Sherlock Holmes; the films where he made cameos (I'm sure he's a cameo in a film with Simon Pegg in it) and if that wasn't enough I could watch the videos to his heavy metal songs.

And then I could watch the animated Discworld (Pratchett) films where he was the voice of Death, or watch Gormenghast.

edgeworthy

Sigourney Weaver would give you the Alien Movies?

Fungus

Clint Eastwood is a fair shout.

But I'd say definitely Henry Fonda. You've got Grapes of Wrath, Twelve Angry Men then a ton of others I can't name right now 'cos I'm not into films, to be honest. I'd Google the rest.

Woody Allen is up there but get some variety in there or that's one long neurotic day...

Pyroxian

Quote from: edgeworthy on 18 February, 2017, 01:37:55 AM

Sigourney Weaver would give you the Alien Movies?

And Ghostbusters :) Also Paul, Chappie, Avatar...

Colin YNWA

SIP

100% Harrison Ford for me. Samuel L Jackson would get me a lot of mileage from Heat, jurassic park, Pulp fiction and the Star wars prequels to a large chunk of the marvel movies.