Main Menu

The Film Star Challenge!

Started by JamesC, 17 February, 2017, 10:07:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 18 February, 2017, 06:42:36 AM
Bill Murray is the answer.

Agreed, that would be a fine day indeed. Harrison Ford is the obvious answer for me, as long as I don't have to watch Patriot Games, but Murray has such a range of different and interesting films it has to be him.

On the female side I'd have to go for Jenny, especially as you could now add Avengers and Winter Soldier to an already impressive catalogue.

NapalmKev

As well as the greats already mentioned (Eastwood, Murray, etc) I would also suggest Tom Hardy or even Christian Bale. They've both had some decent action films and have acted well in more serious drama's. Might be worth avoiding The Dark Knight Returns, though*

Cheers

*which features both actors
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

SIP

The Dark Knight Rises? I liked it.

NapalmKev

Quote from: SIP on 18 February, 2017, 08:06:01 AM
The Dark Knight Rises?

That's the chap!

I liked it.

Fair enough. I thought it was the weakest of the three, and I found it a bit all over the place.

Each to their own!

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

SIP

Quote from: NapalmKev on 18 February, 2017, 08:40:13 AM
The Dark Knight Rises?

That's the chap!

I liked it.

Fair enough. I thought it was the weakest of the three, and I found it a bit all over the place.

Each to their own!

Cheers

Oh i agree, it was the weakest of the three and it was all over the place.....but had a lot to like as well I thought.

Zarjazzer

Humphrey Bogart.

Casablanca, To have and have not, Passage to Marseilles, Maltese Falcon, etc

Vincent Price would be a good bet too. Theatre of Blood,  and not just his horror stuff he appeared in alot of 50's thrillers as well as Three Musketeers etc
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

Rara Avis

How about Michelle Pffeiffer for lady actors?

Scarface, Ladyhawke, Batman Returns, that Coolio video  :)

Greg M.

Donald Pleasence.

You get all his horror stuff (of which there is a multitude, not least Prince of Darkness, various Halloweens, and his fantastic performance in Death Line), you get The Great Escape, Escape from New York, Fantastic Voyage, You Only Live Twice, Will Penny, THX 1138 and umpteen other classics across every genre going.

von Boom

Good mentions here already.

I'd perhaps goo for Bruce Willis since he offers a decent range of action, sci-fi, and comedy.

If I was in a particularly silly mood I might go for Adam Sandler.

sheridan

Simon Pegg would get the the Cornetti Trilogy, the new Star Trek and The Force Awakens.

What would Kevin Bacon get you?

sheridan

Quote from: TordelBack on 18 February, 2017, 06:56:22 AM
On the female side I'd have to go for Jenny, especially as you could now add Avengers and Winter Soldier to an already impressive catalogue.

Jenny who?  Only one I can think of is Agutter (who has quite a body of work - no pun intended).

DaveGYNWA

Quote from: sheridan on 18 February, 2017, 12:29:38 PM
Jenny who?  Only one I can think of is Agutter (who has quite a body of work - no pun intended).

Correct - Jenny Agutter is in both Avengers Assemble and Winter Soldier, sitting on the security council (she turns into Scarlett Johannsen in the latter) It's a good shout.

As is the shout for Bill Murray - just stick on Groundhog Day, again and again. ;)

But the winner is Al Pacino:

Godfather I & II
Heat
Carlito's Way
Scarface
Scent of a woman

...to name but a few.
Peas sell. But who's Brian?

I, Cosh

Don't think many people would argue with Clint there. George Clooney has a pretty interesting and diverse filmography. However , if I wasn't going to go for Jackie Chan then somebody like Tony Leung. Gets you the best of both Wong Kar Wai and John Woo, and a ton of films I've never heard of.
We never really die.

IAMTHESYSTEM

The recently departed John Hurt had a pretty impressive film biography. From the more real world based Films like Midnight Express, 1984, Elephant Man to the Sci fi/Fantasy of V for Vendetta, Alien and Outlander. He was the voice of Aragorn in the Animation version of Lord of the Rings, an actor for all seasons and genres.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Mattofthespurs

Can I go with a Director instead? Or is that a different game?
Director = John Carpenter
But if I have to...
Actor = Tom Atkins means 'Creepshow', 'The Fog', 'Night of The Creeps', 'Halloween III', 'Escape From New York', 'Lethal Weapon', 'Two Evil Eyes', 'The Ninth Configuration'.

That would do me.